tasty cat chicken

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
friday, my chickens were roaming our yard...
i usually don't let them out, because they sure know how to tear up a garden
but they were lined up looking at me with theire let me out eyes
did, hear one singing her song, but thought hummh...wonder where ill find an egg...
went out ...my sex link was in the coop i almost thought there was something wrong with her
the way she was crouched...(think she must have seen it)
then i went out and saw a pile of black feathers and knew
and rounded the others inside...
they have been inside there coop...haven't even ventured out to the run where they usually ALWAYS are.
i have been worried they have somehow been depressed...as they just are on there purches all day...
i thought it was an eagle or hawk as there were no remains just a pile of feathers but
I JUST SAW IT!!!!!!!
CROUCHED OUT THERE WAITING FOR ANOTHER ONE!!!!!! A BC BOBCAT!!!
looked it up on line and that is definately what it was...
and looked a good size dinner too..
the extra winter run protection...ain't comming off yet!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow, that's freaky. DH just caught a stupid neighbor dog out there after ours. :rant Those people have been told to keep their dogs up. About to learn the hard way.. Hope your cat gets lost!

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks...it ran into the bush...i do hope it stays there....!!!!!

I remember my dad mad, over our dog (a bisengee...not sure i spelled it right
but an african wild dog) going after a neighbours 5 chickens and him getting the bill...
but it is unfortunately instinct...

i am fine seeing wildlife so long as it is on the other side of the fence...

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Urk! I wouldn't want to see one in my yard, that's for sure. But at the same time, it helps to know what your main predator is, isn't it? Knowing is keeping your birds protected a little while longer.

(And the dog breed is spelled Basenji. ;) )

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And that's why I don't leave my chickens out once I go home. Glad you found out what's out there and hope it doesn't come back!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Very true that knowing is half the battle. My birds are cooped now. I hate it, they loveto range, but all the stupid strays and neighbors dogs running loose is just drama waiting to happen. So, I put them up. :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
When I saw the title of this post I thought it was some kind of really strange recipe! :hide
Same here! :lol:

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ugggg see i thought I hate a coyote problem and called my brother and his hunting buddies to come over. They came and we do have coyotes but they said we have bobcat problem. I was talking about the coyotes screaming and it was a bit weird sounding for them. Didn't sound like coyote but I thought maybe it was something different or maybe they were torturing a racoon or something. They said it was cat not coyote. NOT what I wanted to hear at all. They are coming back to hunt down our coyote problem a bit and hopefully chase off this other pest.

Latest posts