Tea Tree Oil on Burn

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
One of my children suffered a bad burn this past week from the exhaust system on a 4 wheeler.

We immediately drowned the burn with tea tree oil. We have continued to apply tea tree oil directly, and in a soak. This burn is healing so very fast!

Tea Tree oil is a wonderful natural antibacterial. In my reasearch, I have found that it kills staph, e-coli, salmonella, and a host of other "bugs" that can make our life miserable.

I think everyone should have some handy!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I also use tea tree oil for wounds. But I would also give the wound time to heal on its own. Also, liquid lanolin is excellent for wounds, as lanolin is often used to produce Vitamin D3, which would be very helpful for healing.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I keep a bottle of lavender and tea-tree, mixed half and half, in my medicine cabinet and use it often! The lavender oil will balance the tea-tree, and both can safely be applied full-strength. With eo's, one plus one equals far more than two. I took a course and it was fascinating. The stuff is powerful!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wish I could buy the stuff by the gallon. We use it for the kids and the animals have it everywhere so it will be handy. I agree that mixing it with or using it alternately with lavender is a good idea. The lavender oil is another one I wish I could get in large quantities because I use that for household cleaning and laundry and everything. And orange oil and lemon oil......

Reaction score
Hey Farmerlor. Your avatar looks like it is part chipmunk.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Hey Farmerlor. Your avatar looks like it is part chipmunk.
Your avatar looks just like your mother.

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Farmerlor...if you REALLY want to buy oils by the buckets...check out this website... www.essentialoils.org.....you would be amazed at the different oils available...but the price on some will make your nose bleed!:(

I have never tried lavender oil...I need to check that one out more since it got such rave reviews here..

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
smithx9 said:
Farmerlor...if you REALLY want to buy oils by the buckets...check out this website... www.essentialoils.org.....you would be amazed at the different oils available...but the price on some will make your nose bleed!:(

I have never tried lavender oil...I need to check that one out more since it got such rave reviews here..
Wow, that's a great site!!! Some of the prices are scary but they're the ones that are SOOOO hard to distill or like rose oil where it takes literally tons of roses to make the product. The bulk prices for the ones I would love to have are very, very reasonable. Thanks again!!!

Latest posts