Tell me about sciatica. Please!!!

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
I went to the massage therapist/chiropractor yesterday!!! :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

I could keep going :D

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the advice!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

So I got the massage yesterday...first real one ever, and I feel amazing. I had always kind of just considered massages a luxury...something that you get to make you feel relaxed for an hour or so...Man, I had NO idea. I wish I would have discovered it sooner. :hit

Keeping the advice in mind that I was given here, I just went to ye olde phonebook and looked up several places, let them marinate in my head for a while, and then I picked one and made an appt.

The massage therapist explained different things she was doing, and what it would do to help me...which I LOVED...and due to a miscommunication between me and the office staff, I only got a 30 min massage rather than a 60 min, but I am going back Friday to get a 60 min and an adjustment.

They put me on one of those roller tables for a little bit, and then I got adjusted. My regular chiro is pretty gentle. This chick was rough!! :lol: :lol:

But I felt soooo much better :weee :weee :weee :weee

......see above "weee's" as well ^_^

I still feel so much better. I have blood flow in places, that I hadn't realized didn't have blood flow!!!! I don't know how to describe it, other than my back feels "alive"
The chiro didn't tell me in depth about what I am dealing with because, I guess she wanted to get the x-rays from my old chiro first. I do think that she has a pretty good idea though. I learned more about what my issues are, than I had previously known before the visit. I am still sore, but it's a good kind of sore...I don't really know how to explain it. She said I've got some definitely painful issues that she can tell so far, but she said they are all addressable. I'm supposed to go back Friday. I can't wait!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yippee!!!! Yes, blood flow is definitely part of the healing process. Blood feeds and flushes every cell in our bodies and when the flow is restricted for any reason....muscle tension, fascial tension, subluxation (back out of whack), inflammation....the feeding and flushing slows, and things just get worse and worse. Breaking this cycle often makes you feel like the area got a good workout at the gym...good sore! Once in a while, the surface will feel bruised, but when you look in the mirror, there is rarely a bruise. Either is a small price to pay for how you obviously feel right now!

:weee

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
And remember to drink lots of water and take a hot bath in epsom salts :D

I get a massage once a month, and while it does feel wonderful, I get it for therapeutic reasons. It's really nice too , that hubby's work benefits cover $700/year.