Tell me how your garden grows :)

Firefyter-Emt

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Our garden is modest (25'x50') But I think the size will stay. My next plans are to enclose the garden with a split rail fence (with metal mesh fence on the inside attached to the posts.) I want to design it so the ends can have the mesh and rails removed in order to till. I plan to screw T-posts to the post on the ends of the garden and attach the fence to those. This way I can eaisly remove the fencing and pull out the rails. I will be left with a couple posts, but I can till around them) Along with this, I plan to build two 3'x3' "flower boxes, 36" high" on each end of one side facing the house. In the center of this side will be a 36" deep terllis and gate. Grapes will be grown on the trellis. In-between the trellis & the flower boxes will be 10" high 2' wide (deep) raised bed gardens for rhubarb, strawberrys and stuff. The 'flower boxes' will be planted with herbs.

When done, I think it will look stunning and all the raised beds will really add to the garden. I am also going to change the way I plant rows, next year I will use more "half rows" that have been planted say a foot wide. Think of four rows of beans planted close together and then the foot path. From what I have read, it will greatly increase yield over the old single file method.