Tennessee Snowstorm

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We haven't had mail for three days. Not a big deal.

Do you get paid even tho you can't go out due to weather? Our tiny PO didn't even have the early shift to come in to sort packages. Its just solid ice out there these last few days.
I only get paid if I work, or take an X day, or use my annual or sick leave. If I take a day off on leave without pay, I dont get paid at all.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The tiny Post Office where I have my PO Box didn’t get mail for 3 days. Got only Thursday’s mail yesterday. Today is Friday and she is hoping to get the missing 3 days worth today. If it’s dumped on her Saturday, she will have to work over to get it all boxed. Only 2 employees, the delivery driver and lady in the office. She sent out texts to everyone she had a cell number for, no mail, so people wouldn’t get out on the roads to come in to get their mail.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
View attachment 25325

Couple pics of the snow we got starting around 7pm last night til now.
View attachment 25326

Probably have around almost 2 inches depending on where you measure. Ontop of the cars it looks about that much.
Forecast was for up to six, but of course we didnt get that here. Further south in Tennessee is suppose to get up to 8 to 10 inches.
Im staying home today. We are off today from work.
I'm in Dickson, where are you? We got 8-9"!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The roads were a solid sheet of ice. I could only do about 20 miles an hour or I'd start fishtailing. :epWhen I stopped at this one mailbox, I nearly took it out. When I tried backing up, I almost slide into a three foot ditch. 😬
It is super cold out there right now. High was 22 degrees, but the windchill makes it 0 or below. 🥶
Plus, with virtually no heat in my Wrangler, as warmly as I tried to dress, that wind went right through you.
Next week we will have a warming trend to the mid 60's. Im done with winter.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
High was 22 degrees, but the windchill makes it 0 or below. 🥶
Plus, with virtually no heat in my Wrangler, as warmly as I tried to dress, that wind went right through you.
Next week we will have a warming trend to the mid 60's. Im done with winter.
That sounds totally miserable. Hoping for an early spring!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Some pics of my route yesterday. It may look clear but its actually a sheet of ice.

20240120_122259.jpg

Bethlehem Rd.
20240120_115358.jpg

This was on Gum Station going down the hill. These cars are in someones yard after trying to get up that hill.I was creeping and still slide into someoned mailbox and broke the brick planter on the side of their box with my tire. Almost ended up getting towed but thankfully my 4 WD got me out.
20240120_100415.jpg

On Frozen Pond.
20240120_100242.jpg

Sheet of ice.
20240120_095946.jpg

Both pics are Armstrong Rd.

20240120_095241.jpg

Nikki Drive.

20240120_094053.jpg

Beginning of the route.
I was creeping at 10 miles an hour most of the time. Slide into about six mailboxes. Broke a plastic post on one but the guy said it needed to be replaced anyway because it was loose.
One I bent the metal arm the box rested on. I couldnt bend it back. I mean I was creeping on this route but would still slide into boxes. Made it all week not doing that til yesterday. Im so glad this week is over.
Got my other Jeep back yesterday but the traction light is still on and I can still drive forward if the parking brake is on. Sigh.