Tent for Daily Living Purposes

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good evening,

We have been online searching for military type canvas (preferably tan) tents that would fit a family of 5 for living in day-to-day. We're hoping to network and find a place to purchase one. We've been Googling and will continue to work it from this end. Still, we figured someone here might know where we could get one.

Thanks in advance.

L & L

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good choose.

I try ebay for these items a lot. They show up often from non-store sellers.

Also try a local army surplus store

Ask around your area. Try asking retired service members. never know what they might have.

I would say on-line stores like

Bravo Copmany
Cheaper Than Dirt
Natchez
Quartermaster
gunbroker has gear too
some times auction arms

I'm not sure you'll have luck with them.

Hope this helps some. Don

Good luck!!

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You should also look at hunting supply places and packing(for horses and mules) web sites.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
B4 you got any responses, I must confess you got me curious what I could find. DH and I sometimes talk about a cabin to go camping in, but vandals stop us. I found some of the same places as the above and it was all very interesting. I think if and when we get a tent for camping, it will be a military one. They got some really interesting features.

dfr1973

Power Conserver
Reaction score
In Kuwait and Iraq, we only had 3-5 in a GP-small, so I'd go with at least a GP-medium for a family of 5, with a "5-man" hex for eating, or a CP tent. The tents are basically just big enough for a cot with a ruck and one duffel underneath per person. Also, have it up on a raised deck. When playing in the back 40 we got washed out in hexes and GP-smalls when the inevitable Ft Campbell rainstorms hit. They do have vents for the army potbelly/square stoves, but don't hold up to ice storms or Kuwaiti sandstorms very well.

I personally am looking into a yurt for tent-style living.