Texas SantaFe High School Shooting

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Man do I hate reading about school shootings - Everytime I do I can't fight back tears. For the love of God get these teachers and school workers the training they need and have them conseal carry in school. Gun Free Zones mean Absolutely NOTHING to someone hell bent on killing people. Gun Free Zones are soft targets! Common sense has left the building a long time ago.

Last edited:

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
do you really think all these people are acting on their own?

It makes me wonder if someone or some people are behind this stuff to push an ulterior motive. But heck I'm paranoid anyway so..

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh that's a relief FEM!

There's a lot that needs to change... Parents don't parent, movies and video games glorify violence... No one teaches the reality of life and death. People don't talk to their kids and God forbid you don't let thrm run around wild with no guidance. People are warped.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
As a teacher, I am in favor of arming certain members of the faculty but not all. I am more in favor of heightened security and local police guards roaming the halls. In the event this happens, we have to gather students and go into lockdown. Not much time to locate an intruder.

As a preacher, we need to look to God to remind us of what we are missing. We need parents, peers, and community members that give and receive love to all around. We live in a time that has a lack of true love for one another that it undermines respect and dignity.

My two cents

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's awful....just awful. One of the students in our program just moved to Santa Fe - thankfully he decided NOT to switch high schools this late in the year. So glad about that!