Texas

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
never knew there were folks who havent had bluebell. thats so sad.

God bless Texas

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
never knew there were folks who havent had bluebell. thats so sad.

God bless Texas

Just-a-little-ice-cream.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it has been tougher to find good ice-cream at a decent price even if milk is in higher supply. the one ice-cream stand we used to visit has changed brands and we don't like it. more often now we are buying it when we shop instead of going out for a sundae. i'm a big fan of Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio but i only have a pint or two a year. i like to keep it as a treat. Mom eats a lot more ice-cream than i do. i've been getting away from the extra calories - she's not counting...

for our more local brands Hudsonville seems to be doing good in terms of quality but who knows how long that will last.

one brand had us laughing pretty hard as they put red food coloring in their chocolate ice-cream to try to make it look more chocolatey. nope. it just looked rediculous. didn't taste like much of anything either.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My sister has had to deal with the California influx where she lives in Idaho. The biggest problem she has seen is they bring their high priced housing with them. If they sell a $300,000 house in California, they are looking to buy a $350,000 house in their new location. They they expect to get the same handouts, want the same laws, etc. When the influx started in force, a $150,000 house in Idaho was basically the same house as a $300,000 Cali home. So when they start buying the houses at higher prices, all the homes are re-assessed at the higher rates and everyones taxes go up. My sister can hardly afford the taxes for her home now.