Texas

Moodene

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I am located between Houston and Beaumont, Texas. Got 19.8 acres of land here and most of it is wooded. I own ? number of chickens,pair of peacocks,1-Great Pryenee year old girl-Babebera,1-mini pincher-Peppericka,1-girl ferret-Jill, 1-prairie dog-Sweet pea,? quails, 1 nice hubby-2 grown kids out of the nest in the military-and 1 adorable 3 year old grandson..I also drive a school bus and work on then as well...lol...yes I am a lady who likes to get her hands dirty w grease and oil..lol..:lol:

edit to say..my town is Devers, Texas right off Highway 90 East...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Moo
welcome to the forum
great SS ideas here and great people to chat with!
I haven't gotten to Texas yet, but it is on my camping trip dream list...LOL...I hear Texas is beautiful...can't wait to see for myself! :)

see ya on the board!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Wow, Sevingin!! You sure brought out alot of people whom I haven't seen posts from before.

To you and everyone else: :welcome and don't be strangers.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:welcome

Glad to have you here! Don't be shy!

Moodene

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Well I just got on here since I didnt have time back in spring and summer..my son in law was hurt in Iraq and I had to take care of grandson for my daughter..he was in San Antonio,Tx for injuries to be taken care of and they live in Maryland..so she was like flying back and forth. He finally went home in June. Then my son flew in from South Korea where he was stationed for a year to get out of the cold over there and thaw out..LOL..my son is finally stationed here in Texas for now until he goes to Iraq and He is in the Army and plays in the band..The band will be playing for troops over there..and he is leaving next month..
I will be posting on the forums here..already posted about my Homemade chicken treats I do..lol...

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Moodene said:
Well I just got on here since I didnt have time back in spring and summer..my son in law was hurt in Iraq and I had to take care of grandson for my daughter..he was in San Antonio,Tx for injuries to be taken care of and they live in Maryland..so she was like flying back and forth. He finally went home in June. Then my son flew in from South Korea where he was stationed for a year to get out of the cold over there and thaw out..LOL..my son is finally stationed here in Texas for now until he goes to Iraq and He is in the Army and plays in the band..The band will be playing for troops over there..and he is leaving next month..
I will be posting on the forums here..already posted about my Homemade chicken treats I do..lol...
Thank them both for their service for me. May God bless them and keep them safe.

cockadoodlemom

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm right outside of Corsicana. I live on my parents 42 acres and I love it. I am a member of BYC who decided to join finally.

CJHames

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Little Elm ... just north of Dallas about 20 miles or so.