Texting & Driving

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree . . . but have you ever noticed that when there is something you need to attend to in the car, then you get all the green lights? :lol:

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can't even dial my cell phone while driving....

Some of my students last year had to do a persuasive speech. they did one on "not texting while driving' and had GRAPHIC photos they found online of a guy who was literally chopped in half b/c he was texting while driving.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I never quite grasp the idea of having to text anything while driving. I mean after all its a cell phone. Why not just use the hands free or speaker function and talk and drive. I guess if your hubby/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend or whatever is in the car and you are having an affair and don't want them to know what you are saying texting might be necessarey - other than that, pick up the phone and call, say what you have to say and then hang up. geee whats so hard about that.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Texting requires hands and eyes. Double the trouble.

Cell phones are bad enough!

My friend at work got a call that her grandma died. Her grandma raised her and her brother practically thru their whole life. Well, some family member called her brother on the cell and he was driving. Yup, he freaked and drove off the road. He flipped the car, broke a leg, punctured lung, broken collarbone and some other internal injuries. Now can you believe that!! (thankfully he didn't injury anyone else)

Unreal!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FC - some people - I can not imagine giving anyone bad news of any type over any type of phone without first asking them what they are doing and if they are alone.

The whole world has gone mad. Texting, reading books and newpapers, appling make up, shaving, eating, etc. ---- All while attempting to drive. Apparently multi tasking has reached a whole new level.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I will never forget the day a dear friend called me to say he was in the hospital and his car was totalled because he leaned over to change the radio station. He took his eyes off the road for a mere second, drifted up an embankment and rolled the car. I learned from that. I don't even like it when people eat fast food while driving.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And the people who FLY when it is raining. won't slow down for any reason! Just stupid driving skills by so many. Sad when a vehicle truly is a death weapon. But driving and cars are taken so for granted. Which I understand...but wow, sometimes it has to be made "real" again. Cars are not toys or for eating lunch and dinner in the front seat. Or for texting and any other "extra activity".
Can't win can we?

Being parked and necking? Hmm...that is a good car activity...LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A lady I worked with was killed this past year by a young fella texting while driving. He took his eyes off the road for a second and then looked up to find the car in front had slowed down for a stopped car ahead of them.

The lady was in the back seat and was killed instantly.

My son, stupid beyond belief, feels that he can text without looking, while driving with one hand. As much as I rage about the stupidity, we cannot stop the stupid from being stupid, no matter how hard we try. He has already done a 360 on wet roads while texting.... :somad Thankfully, no one was around and no one got hurt. Even after this incident, he feels he has control while texting/driving.......idiot. :duc