Thanking those who have given .................

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Sufficientforme reminded me that I really want to thank some who have given me great ideas that have become part of my life even if I don't remember exactly who gave the advice. So.............

Thank you to the people who mentioned cutting dish soap with water in a spray bottle- I use it every day with pleasure- has saved me water and soap.

Thank you for the sloppy joe recipe - the one with celery (that you cut out because you don't like it,) - I love that recipe and look forward to making it all the time. Great with ground goat.

Thank you to the person who mention Flylady site- her advice on getting dressed before doing anything else has made my life work much smoother - not to mention my animals are happier I don't linger so much getting out to feed them each moreing.

I'm sure there have been other things- I know there have but I need to get going on chores.

Thanks to all who bother to take time to help...............

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree ETR

everyone doesn't know it all the time...but anything posted to help anyone is a great contribution!!!!!!

so many lurk, they read and get that info. So yes, it is being used and could help someone alot and we don't know it.

but most of all....for me....friend support. Good people, living regular lives like me, and can be friendly, crazy, supportive, wild, knowledgeable, and put a smile in a post when needed.

People! We are a great forum!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I must echo what was said...this has been a great place of comfort for me. Mostly knowing, I am not crazy, wanting to get back to the land. Thanks for everyone on here.... and I mean it from my heart!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
What wonderful post and a great idea. So I say thanks to everyone for everything. Support, friends, ideas, things to make me think and for giving suggestions which make me reach for more SS goals.

And thank you ETR for starting this.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Great thread!! I will say thank you to everyone to for all the support, encouragement, and compliments on all the things I sew and make!! And a BIG thank you for everyone that comes out and chit chats while I am on bed rest!!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would like to add my thanks to everyone on here.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes indeed! Y'all are awesome. Thanks for all the recipes, tips and encouragement!!!

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me to say "thanks."
The ideas and tips shared here are great. But, more importantly for me is the support and inspiration as we journey to live a more Self Sufficient life. You know living this way can bring chuckles, head nodding, bewilderment from others. Not everyone is as understanding of SS as all of you.

Thanks a bunch!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragment to make my own laundry supplies, FINALLY! I have soap, fabric softener, and oxyclean thanks to this forum. And I will be gifting kits and spreading the word.

Never underestimate the power of a post.....I have learned many, many things through lurking before ever joining a forum. And this is the one I like the most, btw... :frow

This past year I got up the courage to can and am now an OCD canner! And I finally made my own feminine products and like them so much I even travel with them, although I said I would indulge in store-bought for trips, I have no desire to go back to.....ahem.....carefree wedgies..... :gig

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I too am grateful to all of the members here who take the time to answer questions and sharing information!
I have learned a lot and still have so much more to learn. I love that if I have a specific question, all I have to do is ask here and someone will come to my rescue with terrific information!