thanksgiving....gluten free?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay peoples....what do I do for a gluten free thanksgiving? I am going to do turkey with lots of veggies like corn on the cob, steamed green beans, brussel sprouts, and mashed sweet potatoes. What do I do for stuff like dressing/stuffing, desserts, etc. I need recipes!!!

Thank you ahead of time....:bow

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Okay peoples....what do I do for a gluten free thanksgiving? I am going to do turkey with lots of veggies like corn on the cob, steamed green beans, brussel sprouts, and mashed sweet potatoes. What do I do for stuff like dressing/stuffing, desserts, etc. I need recipes!!!

Thank you ahead of time....:bow
Corn bread sausage stuffing! Pumpkin pie with a nut crust!
ETA: Buckwheat blini!

FarmGirl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Good timing! I got this menu delivered to my inbox this morning and it sounds fantastic:

Elana's Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Menu

-Rosemary Crackers and Goat Cheese
-Mashed Cauliflower
-Chestnuts and Brussel Sprouts
-Kale with Cranberries
-Herb Gravy
-Cranberry Sauce
-Elana's Cranberry Apple Stuffing
-Balsamic Roasted Turkey
-Biscuits
-Tart and Tangy Cranberry Bars
-Pumpkin Custard

The recipes are all available here:

www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-thanksgiving-2010

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For dessert I'm doing sauteed apples with cinamon and walnuts, drizzled with just a touch of honey. Serve it warm and you don't miss any crust or anything... Better yet, serve it with ice cream on top :drool

I'm also making pumpkin pie, with a crushed pecan crust.
Wifezilla, posted her squash based dressing and mushroom gravy http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7181&p=6 , that's what I'm using. :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Oh! Gravy! I use brown rice flour to thicken all my gravies and sauces. Those not in the know, actually love them :love

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'll be doing gluten free versions of all the dishes that would normally contain wheat flour, except for stuffing. My mother will make traditional stuffing and DS and I will just skip it. He won't mind but it may kill me! The carbs are my favorite part of the meal!! I'll be making a nut crust pumpkin pie, making gravy for DS and I and making the mashed potatoes so I can do them with goats' milk and goats' milk butter so DS can eat them.
It will be our first GF Thanksgiving!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Where the heck do you find all these kinds of flour??? Seriously....I got nothin here....I did find some almond flour, for $12 a bag....I don't think so. It looked like about 2-3 cups of flour. Are you kidding me? I can't find brown rice flour, all I have is whole wheat, white, all purpose, biscuit flour, cake flour, and self rising. It's getting hard to even find whole wheat flour here sometimes....so where the heck do I find all these specialty flours???

Can you tell I miss bread? :D

Latest posts