The First Flock of Ohio - Hatching Eggs! Golden Cuckoo Marans

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
How would you like to hatch some babies from a couple of the famous - or is that infamous - First Flock of Ohio???? Originally a part of keljonma's The First Ladies, we have Elizabeth and Monroe, who are sharing room and board with two Meyer Hatchery Stock gals.

Eggs are not the darkest marans ever. I will not say that these are Show Quality, but they are most certainly pet quality, and the eggs we've ate have been delicious!

Proud Papa is Monroe, who's a gorgeous Golden Cuckoo Marans and he knows it! You should see him strutting his stuff around the yard! He's not afraid of anyone or anything, and we've had to save his neck twice due to his own foolish bravery - or rather, big shot thinking.

100_5027.jpg

Elizabeth, wife to Monroe, aka Her Royal Highness - is the true boss of the barnyard. She only goes to bed when she feels like it, only eats when she wants to, and will not be bossed by anyone. She really seems to relish in making Monroe beg for her affections. Elizabeth lays a chocolate milk colored egg roughly in the middle of her cycle. Beginning of her cycle her eggs are light, or sometimes spotted - which threw me for a minute, because the eggs almost resembled Welsummer eggs!

This was the only pic I could find of Elizabeth for now. This was taken early 2009 - when she was having private rendevous' with Jett, our Black Sumatra. That was nipped in the bud, and Jett's been jailed for his indescretions.
rendevous.jpg

The other two ladies, whom are both Monroe's mistresses with Elizabeth's consent - frankly, I think she is rather pleased when they avert his attentions from her - are both fat, plump, sassy hens from Meyer Hatchery. They are laid back, very friendly hens, and lay light to milk chocoloate colored eggs. I was very pleased with their chocolate milk colored eggs, given that they are hatchery stock.

Again, I do not claim these to be show quality - not even sure if they are good breed quality - but I assure you in person they are beautiful!

We are NPIP certified. I bubble wrap each egg individually, and I packaged them in hopes that they will not shift during shipment.

I like to ship as early in the week as possible, but shipping also depends on the girls laying. Right now I am getting between 1-3 eggs a day, with one day a week of no eggs.

1/2 dozen is $15 shipped.
Full dozen is $22 shipped.

Please PM me for paypal info or mailing info if you'd rather send a money order.

Eggs are shipped in order of payments recieved - not in order of contact.

I will include extra eggs in every order when available.

We've been having 100% fertility with the marans eggs.

Disclaimer: Unfortunately I cannot guarantee your hatch rate. I have no control over how the postal services handle their packages, and I have had customers recieve eggs where the boxes had been damaged during shipment and 1-2 eggs were smashed. I do reserve the right to replace damaged eggs, but this is determined at my descretion. If possible, please take pics of the condition of the box and eggs when you recieve them.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, Jet is a handsome fellow. You can hardly blame her...

:gig