The Grumpy Patch

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Welcome!

30 ain't nuthin but a number, honey! I am now 34 and I am taking a cue from my mom, when people ask how old she is she just throws both hands on her hips and bats her eyelashes and says in a lovely southern drawl, "Honey, I stopped countin' at 16!!!"

What part of Va are you in? I'm a Va girl, myself. I was born and raised in Martinsville and now live about an hour west of Richmond. Good to have you here, if you are chatty you will get along GREAT with the rest of us!

I love it here and have found that this is the only place that I have been able to truly connect with people. I don't have a lot of friends but I do feel like I have found a wealth of "cyber friends" on here. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!

I am 47--soon to be 48 in Dec. with a 4 1/2 year old daughter...one and only.

don't let age worry you ever. you figured it OUT EARLY---simplify your life. Took me longer to figure it out..LOL-LOL-----so you are way ahead of the game.

Simple in life in this hectic world is where happiness can be found. Being stressed to the max with the rat race is not living to the fullest. Back to basics and you noticed that early...good going! :)

College? What are your interests and what do you hope for a career?
COOL

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:welcome

30 - I am almost twice your age and still working on myself.

I am not very chatty but occasionally will jump in.
I mostly just read. I am one of those folks that show up when the going gets rough. Figure you don't need me much when things are running smooth. You know, the one that shows up at your door with a carton of eggs, a 5lb can of coffee and a pound of bacon. Knocks, hands it to you and says I had way more than I could store and thought you might enjoy this. Hands it to you and leaves. Next day I am back with a dozen homemade muffins with the excuse that I made to many and don't want them to ruin. Poof - I am gone. You won't seem me again until next time things are bad. LOL

Anyway, welcome aboard and I look forward to reading your journal. You will probably even see me post here occasionally.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
2dream said:
:welcome

30 - I am almost twice your age and still working on myself.

I am not very chatty but occasionally will jump in.
I mostly just read. I am one of those folks that show up when the going gets rough. Figure you don't need me much when things are running smooth. You know, the one that shows up at your door with a carton of eggs, a 5lb can of coffee and a pound of bacon. Knocks, hands it to you and says I had way more than I could store and thought you might enjoy this. Hands it to you and leaves. Next day I am back with a dozen homemade muffins with the excuse that I made to many and don't want them to ruin. Poof - I am gone. You won't seem me again until next time things are bad. LOL

Anyway, welcome aboard and I look forward to reading your journal. You will probably even see me post here occasionally.
When you coming to my house?

I wanna muffin :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea pass the muffin please

I will say HI and BYE real fast to you if you want it that way.
:p

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hers your muffin. LOL Sorry Grumpy - I just could not resist.

toomuch.jpg

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I want ALOT of freezer baggies so I can cut that up in chunks and store!

you supplying those baggies????

:p

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I brought the muffin. Everyone bring their on baggies. I think GP better hurry up and come back. We are taking over her journal. LOL
See what happens when you leave your front porch. We just take over.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Where is that thing from!!! If I ate that I wouldn't want another muffin for a year! :gig