the house is here!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congrats on your new home, I know it is exciting. I remember the day we bought ours and the joy of moving in. I will never forget that day.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
So happy for you! Isn't it great to be able to pick out what you want exactly!

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yea we went with a pretty plan one so that I could customize it over time. All the walls are the lightest paint they offered so that they would be easy to paint over. The first one that gets done is our 6 yr old's, in John Deere green and yellow strips with black trim.

We went with a really open floor plan so next spring/summer we can build a sun porch on the front. The sun porch will be used for the living room and the current living room is going to be turned into a dinning room so we have plenty of space for the big holiday family get together we have never been able to have at the place we live now.

We had originally planned on building a home from scratch so over the past few years we have gathered up things like claw foot bathtubs, a small bow window, a kitchen island, all kinds of old and one of a kind things that represented us. All that have sitting in storage for the past few years. Then with the economy, and all the new fees that are attached to building a new home in our area we decided we would be better off to go the prebuilt route and just get something we could easily make into what we have wanted.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
congrats, looks like its all coming together finally.

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow Nightshade your New House is Great and I am soo Happy for you and your family :clap :ya It will be such a wonderful feeling the day you have your first big family gathering :hugs and share your beatuiful new home :celebrate The property you have is just a wonderful setting for your new Home :love Here is to many years of sweet dreams, and warm family memories filling your new home for many years :frow

We too have been planning for years to build, and hopefully it will be begin this fall. :fl

Karan :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Nightshade, it's beautiful!!!!!

Congratulations on your new house!!