The life of LilyD

LilyD

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Marianne said:
What's a DP bird?
DP stands for a dual purpose bird. It means any chicken that was bred in the past to be good for both laying eggs and eating. Things like your barred rock, brahmas, dorkings, cornish etc are all DP birds there are a lot more I could list too.

LilyD

Power Conserver
Reaction score
They definitely are good dual purpose birds and super sweet as well. :D

Today has been rainy and cold all day. I had a whole list of things planned that I wanted to get done outside and when I woke up to the ground being completely soaked again all those plans had to get tossed out the window. There's always tomorrow though I guess.

I will content myself today to do the laundry and putter about inside the house getting things ready for winter then I will work on the outside stuff as opportunity allows.

As long as the animals are all tucked in and happy that's all that matters :)

LilyD

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The new diet I started for my chickens is working wonders. The ladies are starting to grow their feathers back in and are starting to look much more healthy. I might not have to knit them little chicken sweaters for the winter after all.

The last of the roosters have either gotten homes or been processed and the gardens are put to bed for the winter. I am feeling more ready for winter than I was last month.