The Mother's Act

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Take away our right to have gardens, take away our right to have livestock, but to take away our right to be parents????

Yet another violation of our human rights. This has got to stop! Seems like they want us all on drugs of one kind or another...but this one is a real leap to get us all there. Believe me, I just went through a pile of crap with my own daughter, them trying to prove her unfit, them using the *idea* that I suffered post partum depression so she will have PPD, so she is unsafe...haha what a joke!
And now they are going to screen every new mom before they leave the hospital and MANY won't leave with thier babies, I can promise you that! Oh, and where they got the idea that *I * had PPD I have no idea, because I never sought treatment for it, and I only had it with my first 21 years ago!

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1918/t/7870/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=26855&t=

Yes, the new congress wants to take away our rights slowly but surely.

A sweeping government policy for all new births in the United States has
just passed the House of Representatives and is now headed to the
Senate. The Mother's Act, if passed, will mandate that all new mothers
be screened by means of a list of subjective questions that will
determine if each mother is mentally fit to take their newborn home from
the hospital. Just imagine that after your child is born, you are told
that you can't take them home since a multiple choice questionnaire
wasn't answered correctly. Just imagine being told that the only way
you can take your child home is if you or your spouse goes into
treatment or on anti-depressants which we know causes psychosis,
delusions, and even homocidal thoughts. It just doesn't make sense.
Unfortunately, this bill is on a fast track--No public debate, no public
disclosure of the broad impact on our society and that is why we need
you to act now!
The Mother's Act violates our Constitutional right to privacy and your
right to liberty and it is just outright dangerous. That is why we need
you to help stop this. We urgently need you to call and email each
Senator on the HELP Committee and tell them you STRONGLY OPPOSE the
MOTHER'S ACT and that you are OUTRAGED that there was NO public debate
or disclosure on the impact this would have on our society as a whole.
Send a letter by going here:
http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1918/t/7870/campaign.jsp?campaign_K\
EY=26855

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
And to think that most of us, upon leaving the hospital are codeined as much as possible, and we have to write the most important test of our lives??? This IS serious folks. Right now they are doing it fairly often to the poor and vulnerable. Everyone has to take a stand on this!

If you want to read something really interesting and SCARY, read this link. It explains alot of the what whys and hows. And trust me when I tell you that there are huge secrets out there. Just did a months worth of research on this very subject, talked to many many praents who have had injustice done to them. It is not a joke.

http://www.sosquebec.com/index.htm

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sort of looks like Hitler's work. He was aiming toward an Aryan Race.

Morel, in your first post on this topic you said:

disclosure

This is the way this bunch in power now does everything that is on their agenda. :hide

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Tallman said:
Sort of looks like Hitler's work. He was aiming toward an Aryan Race.

Morel, in your first post on this topic you said:

disclosure

This is the way this bunch in power now does everything that is on their agenda. :hide
Seems to me that alot of what's going on out there right now has huge similarities to Hitlers work.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay, I just read the entire bill. The bill provides for grant money that will provide information about post partum depression to women and will continue studying the causes and treatments for the problem. There's nothing in here about enforcement or forcing treatment or forcing anyone to even take the information about PPD. Can you show me where there's any language in the bill that would stir up all this controversy?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Okay, I just read the entire bill. The bill provides for grant money that will provide information about post partum depression to women and will continue studying the causes and treatments for the problem. There's nothing in here about enforcement or forcing treatment or forcing anyone to even take the information about PPD. Can you show me where there's any language in the bill that would stir up all this controversy?
It only takes a little research into different areas of 'grant money' to show just how controlled things can get once grant money is pured into them. And that goes for many facets of society. This one eventually will destroy families, just like others have in recent years.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
farmerlor said:
It only takes a little research into different areas of 'grant money' to show just how controlled things can get once grant money is pured into them. And that goes for many facets of society. This one eventually will destroy families, just like others have in recent years.
Okay, I have no doubt that there will be big pharmaceuticals involved in the research and development part of this but there is NOTHING in the bill about making women take tests to take their babies home or any kind of language about even making the information mandatory. "Destroy families"? Really? How about some of these women who've killed their children due to PPD? That probably has a hand in destroying a family or two. I for one, think that the bill AS WRITTEN is fine and the more information about PPD there is the better off we all are. Too many people think that because they've never experienced it, it's just the "baby blues" and women should just be able to snap out of by looking at that cute little baby face. Sorry, but that cute little baby face makes it twelve times worse and when women understand they're not alone they can get help whether that means attaching themselves to some kind of support network or taking pills.