The non-heirloom seed trading/giving/receiving thread!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I realized that I do have some seeds that I saved that I am not sure if the plant is GMO or not, so here is another thread for those seeds.

For example, I have lots of basil seeds that I saved....is there such thing as GMO basil? Anyways, since I am not certain, I have free basil seeds if anyone needs them.

I have lots of dill, too, and some cilantro, also free.

Basil
Dill
Cilantro
dark purple, 6-8' Morning Glories
pink hibiscus
multicolored sorghum

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd love basil and cilantro :) For some reason, the basil cuttings I brought inside flourished and then withered and died :( And cilantro is just yummy!

Should I PM you? Thanks :)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I plan a big garden this year to feed my family inexpensively and more healthy. While I would prefer heirloom seeds, I have had great luck with non-heirloom in the past, in fact, sometimes hybrids have grown best for me. So I see the value of regular seeds as well.

I would be happy to pay for a variety of seeds mailed to me if anyone has some of the things I am looking for.

We are looking to grow basil and cilantro both.

Also:
Corn
cherry tomatos
brocoli
carrots
peas
beans
salad greens of all kinds
zuchinni
watermelon
pumpkin
sunflower

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I would be happy to send you some basil and cilantro seeds. Just pm your address and approx quantities (I have a bazillion, so don't be shy! Allow for my newbie-ness at seed saving...you might want to test germination.)

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I don't need them now. My sis got me a herb garden kit for Christmas!!!! So now I have basil and cilantro seeds, as well as 4 others :clap

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
How nice they knew to get you something you really wanted like that. Good job!

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah - my sis said when she saw it, it had my name written all over it ;) Good luck getting your seeds - hope you get all you want!

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have to go through my seeds, but I do know I have hungarian broomcorn and buckwheat.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Time to go through your seeds! It is February, spring planting is just around the corner! :p Or seed starting in the house, at least. Please go back and bold what you have and what you want so we can find it easily. When you add something, go back and add it also to your first post, so things are easy to find. I just added some morning glories and hibiscus to my first post....can you even grow hibiscus from seed? I saved a bunch, just in case. One year I gathered a couple of cups of blue flag seeds (wild swamp iris) and tossed them in the drainage ditch in the front of my parent's house. Two came up. Within a couple of years, there was a glorious patch of blue flag in that formerly ugly ditch!

My morning glories reseed every year so I saved some to share. They are such a deep, dark purple and work well on a fence or trellis as they only go to ...well, the packet originally said 5' but they surpass the 6' stockade fence I have them on by 2-3 feet.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I need to go through my seeds again too. I made my own "seed vault" ** shakes fist in the air and curses Monsanto ** so I am low on a few things.

I know I have....

Morning Glory (Mine are blue and purple)
Cilantro
Poinsett 76 cucumbers
Red Acre cabbage
Dove melon
Santa Claus melon
Hungarian hot wax peppers
Bell pepper
Butternut squash
patty pan squash
black oil sunflower seeds