The Squirrel Challenge

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I remembered the "Squirrel Challenge" and it sounds like we have some people doing a great job. I think It was supposed to run till about November.
Let's do this. I want to see how the efforts turned out (and steal some ideas on what I can try to do). I'm honest about it , at least. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I asked the mods/Nifty if we could have a real contest or such but never got a response.

I would love to see the pics of everyone's stores and their food on the hoof in one thread. It would be quite impressive! As for me, I am so far behind I think I'm first in that area, so I can't even compete.....but I would STILL love to see everyone else show us all how it's done! :)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Hmmmm... Pretty sure I lost, although the popcorn harvest is pretty good! Lots of corn this year. Very few tomatoes.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'm nowhere near in the running with a couple shelves of food but my frig garden is still growing so I may get some fresh veggies and herbs. At least posting this may get things started.
My potted veggies and herbs were way too shaded on the balcony but they survived somehow. I brought them in before we had our first real freeze of the season. The top of the frig has the best light and they are loving it.

1147_frig_garden-_1st_day.jpg

fixed typo