The Voice of Personal Wealth...

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dave Ramsey is the Voice of personal wealth. He teaches (from personal experience) how to manage your finances. Big proponent of giving AND saving.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Some of the guys who give the best advise are the ones that screwed up the most when they were younger.

Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
wait wait.. what am i missing???
Another person selling books. He does have a good message though. I would buy the books on e-bay or half- price.com. Mostly a lot of well known methods. No you won't get rich. You might learn to live on what you make though. Most rich people have inherited wealth. The remaining rich people were very smart and invested wisely or were entrepreneurs.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just listen to his radio show, he also gives a lot of info away for free on his site. I've never bought a thing. Well, except for a box of envelopes :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Some of the guys who give the best advise are the ones that screwed up the most when they were younger.
:lol: It is so true...he has helped lots of folks who have screwed up their credit really, really bad.

I never had to turn to him. But I'm glad he is there for those who couldn't figure out how to manage their finances and live within (or below) their means. "I'm debt free!!" I do like to listen to his show while I'm on a long road trip (and there is nothing else on) it is entertaining. "I'm better than I deserve!"

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
wait wait.. what am i missing???
Another person selling books. He does have a good message though. I would buy the books on e-bay or half- price.com. Mostly a lot of well known methods. No you won't get rich. You might learn to live on what you make though. Most rich people have inherited wealth. The remaining rich people were very smart and invested wisely or were entrepreneurs.
See, one of the great things about Mr Ramsey is that he says he doesn't tell you anything that you cant already learn from the Bible and your grandmother. You are right, his message isnt new. But the good ones don't always have to be.

We occasionally stumble over the truth... but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- - Winston Churchill

He reckons if one person gets right for his efforts, than a truckload of detractors mean nothing.

He touts one message I've spoken for years: the average working man or woman will earn enough to be a millionaire in this life if the money is handled right. If not that, then have enough money to never have to worry. He tries to point the way.

And, yes, buy his books where and how you can get them. That's one thing the smart person does with his money... he understands value and uses it to his advantage.

Reaction score
I agree he teaches how to make the most of what you have. It takes shrewd investing and luck to become a millionaire if you are a regular Joe