The waste is astonishing!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
Thank you for the reminder FF. When we do get around to building our forever house, I DO want solid hardwood flooring. My dream house is a passive solar, straw-bale house with the latest, greatest "green" products (solar panels, solar water heater, wind turbine, water harvesting) combined with salvaged materials (flooring, lighting, etc).
Don't forget the natural swiming pool!!

:p

kohburn

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
Thank you for the reminder FF. When we do get around to building our forever house, I DO want solid hardwood flooring. My dream house is a passive solar, straw-bale house with the latest, greatest "green" products (solar panels, solar water heater, wind turbine, water harvesting) combined with salvaged materials (flooring, lighting, etc).
my dream is similar but I want stained concrete with radiant heat (thanks to solar water heaters) instead of wood flooring :D

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
AUGH! I forgot about the radiant heating. I'll either have to give up the hardwood floors or see if there is anything to the rumors of companies here in Colorado using radiant under the wood/bamboo (experimentally). I'd like to use geothermal along with the radiant flooring.

ETA: And yes, there would be a natural pool. Why not have my cake and eat it too? I could hook up a solar water heater for that too maybe (for winter).

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Our town had a large octagon house that was to be demolished for yet another bank(whee!) and a few people tried to prevent it. The local historical society passed it up and it was bulldozed. Such a shame.
I don't want to say what I think planners are using for brains. :duc