The wonders of corn starch

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What can you do with that wonderful container of corn starch ?

Use it to remove makeup off your face or even to just clean your face:
Mix 1 part cornstarch with 2 parts milk does a wonderful job and your face feels very soft
Clean Windows :
Mix 1 part cornstarch with 2 to 3 parts warm water apply to window let dry to a soft dry, wipe away. You will not have any streaks and the beauty of it is you don't have to srub
Oily hair:
On the days you really don't want to wash your hair just lightly dust cornstarch onto your scalp gently rub in and then brush out

What do you use your cornstarch for?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I didn't know any of that!

Okay, before Kaopectate and Imodium days, my mom would stir up some cornstarch in a 1/2 cup of cold water. If you had the poos (green apple two step, cha cha cha's, loosey goosies, loose poops, whatever you call it because I can not spell diahrrea correctly...is that right?) Anyway, if you had that condition, you drank it down. After each episode. Two or three doses usually did the trick!

Doesn't taste too good though. What's crazy is that I went back to using it a couple years ago. I didn't want to risk running to the store to get something. No pun intended. :D

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Marianne said:
I didn't know any of that!

Okay, before Kaopectate and Imodium days, my mom would stir up some cornstarch in a 1/2 cup of cold water. If you had the poos (green apple two step, cha cha cha's, loosey goosies, loose poops, whatever you call it because I can not spell diahrrea correctly...is that right?) Anyway, if you had that condition, you drank it down. After each episode. Two or three doses usually did the trick!

Doesn't taste too good though. What's crazy is that I went back to using it a couple years ago. I didn't want to risk running to the store to get something. No pun intended. :D
:yuckyuck How much cornstarch?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use a big teaspoon in a 1/2 glass of water, maybe 4 oz.

I usually hold my nose, chug it down, drink some more water before I let go of my nose. That helps. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow and I didn't know any of what is posted. helps the poops. interesting.

cornstarch. eh, um, eh, cook with it to get a stiffy?

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder if you can use this on dogs? might be worth a try

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We used it for baby powder on little bottoms back when our kids were still in diapers, but I stay away from corn starch these days now that nearly all corn in North America is GMO. :sick

Latest posts