The World As We Know It May Be Ending!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You think there are crazies out there now, just wait until a PMS'ing woman can't get a piece of chocolate! :p

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Now see - I was just going to post that Walmart butter is down to $2.38/lb so obviously the world is NOT coming to an end!! :lol:

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I stashed about 20lb slab chocolate last yr. i got from some online bulkfood site.
I put it in mylar with oxygen absorber, but read it starts to lose it after a few yrs.Also stashed a load of those little 1lb bags of chocolate drops for cookeswhen they were on sale.Glad i got some put away..!
I'm waiting for butter to hit $1.99lb on sale before i load up again.Stays good in the freezer.I still have 10 lb left from the last 1.99 sale 15 months ago..!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I stocked up a few of the Halloween sales....those mini chocolates etc.
They are just the perfect size for when ya want a taste and buy one get one free was a great deal....I put them in the freezer and just unfreeze a handful at a time. Yummy but ya can't freeze for too long tho or that choc just looks nasty lol

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
No! I wasn't worried about Y2K or the 2012 Mayan calender, but this is scary! :barnie

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have a stash of coco powder. Chocolate cheese cake is nom :D

While I prefer solid dark chocolate, like others have noted, it doesn't store well long term.

Coco powder can be made in to all kinds of tasty treats and does store well.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I just bought several flavored and sweet filled chocolate bars for gifts, that are now stored in the freezer.

Exactly how long do they stay good in there?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"Stored under perfect conditions, unsweetened and dark chocolate will last for up to 18 months in good home kitchen conditions; milk and white chocolate for 6 to 12 months. "
http://www.baking911.com/chocolate/basics.htm

LOTS of great chocolate info on this site. I think I need to print it out.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
NO!.

I think this has been in the news for a while now, just hasn't hit the headlines.