The xXx Gloom & Doom Report

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good books to read that could help you identify current events that are helping with the inevitable callapse. IMHO. :)

Dark Ages of America by Morris Berman
Out of Control by Zbigniew Brezezinski
Are We Rome? Cullen Murphy

This is a couple I have been reading

Please read and understand the Bretton Woods Agreement.
Was the ramping up of globilization done when we lost the Bretton Agreement after Nixon dumped the gold standard???

To truelly understand what is happening one must understand the history of it.

I am seeing our community groups starting to disband or on the verg. Not good. I believe America needs to hurt hard inorder for the masses to wake up and see the problem with the path we are on. We need to come back to our roots.

I agree with Glenn Beck when he said "students should be protesting the collages not just Wall St" 10x higher tuition since the 1970's is outrageous. Especailly for loans you can't default on. Where do those loans come from ??? hmmm banks!! Don't get me wrong I believe in higher education but not early slavery. :( So don't just protest those evil corps, evil bankerster, corrupt politicians, add some greedy collages in there aswell.

I beg those that want to protest. Please don't ask to collapse the system. The ride would and will suck. Let's tear down walls one by one and rebuild them better. I say we start with the FED but would really shake this's up a bit to fast too.

I digress

payed off 2 more bills today. woohooo 1 more to go. FFRRREEEDDOOOOMMMM !!!!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am hoping I can get our bills all paid before things get too bad. In the meantime, I've been trying to cut back even more on our grid reliance because that will get more and more expensive.

I remember reading about how during the 30's so many young men took off from their homes to become hobos- wandering around looking for a bit of work here and there. I don't think that will happen this time around-- instead they will stay home and wait for their gummint checks... and riot if they don't come or can't buy enough. The cities will not be a good place to live.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I generally try to avoid the more political discussions, but I would like to comment on one of the links posted in the OP. I find it interesting that the link (about Germany printing new D-Marks) is from a Swedish source. In today's on-line Spiegel I read that Chancellor Merkel is stating that Germany stands ready to help the Greeks. I was in Germany just last week, and a number of relatives and friends do not agree with Merkel's stance, and, I assume, quite a few others do not either ... but, she is is Chancellor at present, and I fancy that her word has some bearing. I'm sorry, the article is in German, but I post the link here for any that might doubt my word: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/0,1518,790169,00.html

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ORChick said:
I generally try to avoid the more political discussions, but I would like to comment on one of the links posted in the OP. I find it interesting that the link (about Germany printing new D-Marks) is from a Swedish source. In today's on-line Spiegel I read that Chancellor Merkel is stating that Germany stands ready to help the Greeks. I was in Germany just last week, and a number of relatives and friends do not agree with Merkel's stance, and, I assume, quite a few others do not either ... but, she is is Chancellor at present, and I fancy that her word has some bearing. I'm sorry, the article is in German, but I post the link here for any that might doubt my word: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/0,1518,790169,00.html
here's a rough google translation for anyone who wants a shortcut :) http://translate.google.com/transla...politik/ausland/0,1518,790169,00.html&act=url

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I too am a 'Gloom & Doomer' I guess. For the last several decades, as the world enjoyed it's opulance I became aware of the direction it would eventually come too. As in 'what goes up, must come down' and what history has proven. Before the Great Depression was the 'roaring 20's' & life was a party........ending with a crash. All powerful nations that have at one time or another 'ruled the world' so to speak, have all fallen. Egypt, Rome, Spain, England...just to name a few and I believe we (USA) are next to fall. But as Koxxx has mentioned there are numerous factors coming into play, not just economics. And it's not just in the US these things are happening but worldwide.
Just sayin :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I watched Decoded last night. They say there is no gold in Fort Knox. They are guarding nothing...hmmm.....

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
I am seeing our community groups starting to disband or on the verg. Not good.
What sort of community groups -can you give a couple of examples?

Latest posts