The_whingnut's road to ........................

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i don't know i'm not there i currently be deployed to persian gulf been here since march should be home by spring. We have big plans but nothing happening yet.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I lived in Norfolk for many years, then Va Beach and now Franklin, about 50 miles from you. Get in touch when you return and you can get some composted chicken poo for your garden...LOL...what a gift? Right?? :frow Actually, it's pretty good stuff!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Now that's a gift from a true friend!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol: :hide :thumbsup YEP! Hey -- my other friends LOVE me for this poo. Gardens are fantastic.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
thank you everyone for the good wishes and i'll definitely take you up on the chicken poo, thank you for the offer!

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I'm back in the states as of thanksgiving but spent most of time in California turning over the ship. Then late Dec was Family time. Now I'm settled at the house and planning the improvements. DW bought me 3 hops plants ( received 4) for Christmas and my father sent us back with BlackBerry canes. :) we have tons of work ahead of us. But it will be fun. Big projects coming up is compost pile, storage area and raised (boxed in) garden beds. We have a 1/3 acre here a lot more than 20ft x 5ft!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome back, and thank you for your service!

What are 'running' okra seeds? I've planted lots of okra in my day, but have never heard of that. But - they sound fascinating!