Them chickens jackin' my style! (Peep show)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Operation Chick Switch failed miserably. My broody buff o rejected every one of them. :somad So I had to make a brooder real quick in my chicken tractor, which was out in the grass waiting for mama and chicks~ that is, until dum-dum "Peaches" up and quit on me. Now I'm raising 25 meaties by myself. One already tried to commit suicide. Poor thing was laying prostate in the water. He spent some time in the "mobile incubator" ;) and now he is better. (Great term OFG!!)

912_peep_show_002.jpg

912_peep_show_001.jpg

Everyone please take a moment to yell at her for me!!! :somad She is sitting on nothing now.
912_peep_show_003.jpg

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I had three hens reject instant motherhood as well.
Hence the reason I had one raise 50 at once for me :lol:

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bad chickens! Bad! :rant

Why do I see a crab floating in the tractor in the first photo?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your set up looks just like mine. :thumbsup It worked great with the Cornish X.

With this new batch I put them outside on the 30th of June. The day I got them. Early this week I took away the light and this morning they went out into the field. I plan to keep them in the hut for another week. I am still afraid they are small enough to fit through my fence. Then they will be free ranging.

One trick I figured out. The night before you butcher just move the tractor back on the patio. This will keep them from eating grass or whatever. They will all have nice clean gizzards.

Very cool.

g

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
everyone just needs a little snuggle

;-)

great work baby!

bad chicken. grrrr....

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That crab is a street gang related symbol for B.O. Ninja Slackers. There a terrible bunch and all of us should be very afraid.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I didn't have time to post earlier: that crab is a "screen saver" that was on the old screen door/back door. I had the door replaced and kept the screen saver for yucks. It covers up holes in the screens, but I thought since I live near the sea, it would be ok on a chicken coop too.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Too funny!

I had a broody mystery hen that was supposed to be a black australorp that I had to kick out of the box. When the first one hatched she kicked it out of the nest and it died so I took her second one and the rest of her eggs and gave them to my "good broody" hen, my light brahma. She's done with hers and now I'm waiting on my broody indian runner hen to finish hatching out her last 3 eggs.

Gotta love summer.

Love the tractor, btw. I want to do something like that to have as a broody house for next year.

Latest posts