There is some speculation that Cissy is pregnant

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She kidded in January and the babe was removed in April(april 1st actually) from her/field. She has pretty big udders, and doesn't appear uncomfortable as one would expect from a goat/animal that needs milking.

Again, I am CONVINCED they have gotten bigger lol. She had hairier teats when we got her, and around them was hairier and now it looks like someone has coloured outside the lines with udder colour (LOL if that makes sense).

cissy_udders.jpg

cissy_udders2.jpg

Thoughts?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Did a buck have access to her? Is that something you could find out? If she was anywhere near a buck in the past four months or so, she could conceivably (pun intended :rolleyes: ) be preggers. Poor little thing. No rest for the weary!

eta: Of course, I have only been around does that were known to have been with a buck, never had dealings with a mystery pregnancy. Mystery dates, yes, exposure to a male, no.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Kerry said she had been in with a buck for a while (there was another doe thought to be pregnant as well who was older than her, but had horns). I don't know dates for the buck visit, she is a little... larger in the belly area. Her first pregnancy (which was the one in January) she had one kid, a billy.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I seen some of your posts over there, she looks like she's forming an udder to me too.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Keep in mind there's a nice goat section over on BYH - we don't allow 'advertising' of outside sites here on any of the BYC/SS/BYH/TEG forums. Please don't post the link, it will have to be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to advertise, and I know there is a good goat section on BYH... I was just saying that the people over on that forum think she is pregnant.

I wasn't going to post the link anyway :)

Thanks for the warning though, I didn't know you couldn't post external links.