Thinking about taking the plunge!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
go for it!

I quit my full time job a little over 5 years ago when I had my daughter.

I LOVE IT! if you can financially do it---heck yea! :)

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I quit my full time job back when baby #2 arrived. We figured it out and would have spent more in childcare, gas and formula (pumping milk wasn't an option with my job back then) than I made in a week.

10 years later, DH lost his job I need to go back to work and can't. I was in healthcare too (CMA) and no one will hire me since things have changed so much over the past decade. If you reduce your schedule, make sure you can keep your resume looking active. I am now fighting the masses for jobs at retail stores, warehouses and gas stations instead of being able to use my degree and education for a position in healthcare.

I don't regret my decision...the wonderful time I've had developing an amazing relationship with my kiddos is priceless but hind sight being 20/20...I would have found something on the weekends to keep my resume up-to-date.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rhoda what is APIE?? I work in physical therapy so not sure what this is?? Or am I completely off the mark? :idunno :)

Thank you everyone for your support and advice! It just helps to see that others have done it and are enjoying it/doing well. I'll definetely stay PT for now because my benefits are much better than his and I do want to keep current just in case I would need to go back to FT.

And donrae ur's was hubbys fav advice by far!!! :gig

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The nursing process is as easy as APIE
A....Assessment-What is wrong?
P....Planning-What are you going to do about it (orders or nursing intervention)
I...Implemention-Go for it.....get the orders started.
E....Evaluation-Did it work? If not, you need to start over and go with a new plan.

I use this in work. Everyone should. Patients would get better faster. But I use it even when I'm not nursing. It works for life in general.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oohhhh gotcha! we just use a diff abb for basically same thing. yes very good advice. critical thinking skills, you wonder where people hid theirs sometimes too??

:lol:

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now, what the heck is leaf lard???

Learning so many things today...

Anyway, I stayed home and raised our own children. Not that it was always easy, I about went nuts some days. We also had to eat a lot of beans and mac&cheese sometimes. Now the kids are all grown, have hilarious stories/memories about their Ma (more laughing AT me vs. laughing WITH me). But now I see that it was worth it.

I did work when the kids got older...can tell you stories about my crappy jobs, not too many stories about the kids at that age. I figured out that in one year, we spent $10K eating out, buying convenience foods, clothes for me and gas for my car while I was working. What craaaaaap.

The things I wanted then are not the things I want today, thank goodness. I don't need more stuff. I'd rather have peace of mind. Go for it!

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Now, what the heck is leaf lard???
Learning so many things today...

Anyway, I stayed home and raised our own children. Not that it was always easy, I about went nuts some days. We also had to eat a lot of beans and mac&cheese sometimes. Now the kids are all grown, have hilarious stories/memories about their Ma (more laughing AT me vs. laughing WITH me). But now I see that it was worth it.

I did work when the kids got older...can tell you stories about my crappy jobs, not too many stories about the kids at that age. I figured out that in one year, we spent $10K eating out, buying convenience foods, clothes for me and gas for my car while I was working. What craaaaaap.

The things I wanted then are not the things I want today, thank goodness. I don't need more stuff. I'd rather have peace of mind. Go for it!
I was wondering that too!

And I did it today!!! Talked to my boss and he is on board! Yay!!!!! It's amazing how much brighter the day looked after that! :weee

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I just went from 40 hours to 32- not because of kids (mine are now coming 30 and 27), but because I can't handle the stress and want time to have a life which I haven't had for the last 8 years since we moved to this house.

Best thing I ever did! Go for it.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Leaf lard is the kidney fat. It is super fine, has no tissue binding it, and has always been prized for making pastries.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I went with dh who worked several hundred miles away and stayed in a motel when I was pregnant with ds. Well the room had to be evacuated by like 3 pm I think it was, but dh was not back yet so I had everthing packed and was waiting in the room when the maid came in. I was 18 and was very obviously showing.(I got married 3 days after my birthday and got pregnant the next month). Anyway the maid was a sweet woman and we talked for a long time while I was waiting on dh. One thing she told me that stuck was that our kids need us and we need to be there for them as much as possible. She told me NOT to get a job until the baby started school and to remember that he was what was important. I think she was right. Her kids were grown.