Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have one that does that also. I always think "Wow, that must have hurt!"

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
rhoda_bruce said:
Does she have double yolk eggs? I get one of those every once in a while.
So far they have only been single yolks.
Whoa! For a single that is big! A few months ago I was getting an average of 3 big double yolkers a week. Poor hen!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have one that lays them like that as well. Sometimes, they're double yolkers, but not always. I want to hatch out some of her eggs. I want more hens like that!

mythreesons

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have seen that with my eggs also...I was really amazed when my girls stop laying for the first time in 3ys and I had to buy some store biught eggs..I looked at the large eggs and thought I must of messed up and picked up the small eggs..nope,I had the right size..what a joke compared to what my girls give me..they are twice the size compared to the store bought!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
mythreesons said:
I have seen that with my eggs also...I was really amazed when my girls stop laying for the first time in 3ys and I had to buy some store biught eggs..I looked at the large eggs and thought I must of messed up and picked up the small eggs..nope,I had the right size..what a joke compared to what my girls give me..they are twice the size compared to the store bought!
a few weeks ago, was the first time since 2008 I had to buy eggs. And I too, thought what puny eggs! I bought the extra large, brown eggs, but they were way smaller than what I get from my own chickens.

I love being able to go out and gather fresh eggs, and herbs. And make my own cheese.
I am very blessed to be able to do all this and still live in the center of a pretty big city!