This is a good time of year for me to . . .

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
make clothing donations.

Each time I switch clothes from one season to another, I take a good long look at what I didn't wear. If it hasn't been worn during the season I'm packing away, chances are it won't be next year either.

I also think about what I'm getting out of storage. Do I want to keep it? Will I wear it? Has DS outgrown it? Any "yes" answers goes into the donate box.

It helps me keep my closets in check, plus cuts down on storage space.

And, best of all, instead of hanging untouched all season in my closet, someone else can put it to good use. :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do that as well....I call it..Seasonal clearing. We dont have alot of closet space ehre...and I cant stand to see it all gunked up! LOL

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I also do this. Our church has a clothing give-away every month open to the community for free. All sorts of people come in and benefit from it. I donate the kids, dhs and my clothes as each season winds down.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
... catch up on house work!

I tend to neglect EVERYTHING during the summer. :/

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Me, too :) While other people do spring cleaning, I do winter cleaning. This is a great time of year to sort through all the clothes in the house and move out that which doesn't fit the kids any more or which I don't actually wear.

Winter is when I move into deep cleaning the entire house. Spring, summer and fall are so busy that we just do the necessary vacuum and schmop. Winter is when I go deep and get every room from top to bottom, all the closets, cabinets, basement. What a feeling of satisfaction!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Last minute washing of the windows. Cleaning out the closets. Washing all the road grime off the porch furniture and the porch. Fresh coat of paint for the porch floor.

It seems like a good time of the year for just about any outside chore...I hate working in the heat of summer. :sick

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Oh nuts. I forgot about the windows. Yes, that is definitely a fall job. Plus all the fall weeding and garden cleanup. Oh boy.