this place is worthless for my needs

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Finnie you are amazing! Now that’s what I call a Christmas dinner!
Aw shucks, thanks!

It’s too bad I was all by myself. We alternate Christmases between here and our relatives in Colorado. This year it was Colorado, but I couldn’t find a chicken sitter who could also manage the house dogs. So two days before the trip I announced that I would stay home by myself. So husband and youngest son who live here, and middle daughter and 2 grandchildren who live an hour west all went off to Colorado.

Youngest daughter who lives an hour north (and wasn’t planning to go anyway) was going to come for dinner yesterday, but at the last minute her car wouldn’t start, so she stayed home. Probably dead battery from the freezing weather.

So I ate my turkey dinner all by myself. 🤷🏼‍♀️

E04D5AE1-70E4-48FD-8DFC-A5287F87DC1B.jpeg

I didn’t work too hard on it, other than the turkey. The yams and the stuffing were leftovers I froze from Thanksgiving.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am unsure if the OP still has access to this thread or not. But I found a video that may offer some insight into grass fed and finished beef, nitch market.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me too! Funny how toxicity can't kill a good topic around here. 💓 I was hoping for a turkey recipe though - DH's Yule turkey was so good he baked another one. We need to use up the leftovers asap.
My wife pressure canned the meat for ours, then made broth with the bones.

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Me too! Funny how toxicity can't kill a good topic around here. 💓 I was hoping for a turkey recipe though - DH's Yule turkey was so good he baked another one. We need to use up the leftovers asap.
Here are a couple of ideas. The first one is kind of a convenience food recipe and not really a “self sufficient” one, but you could easily substitute homemade cream sauce for the soup and cooked rice for the instant. Then you wouldn’t need much added water.

For the second one, I ignore all the “fat-free, lite, reduced fat” and just use regular full fat ingredients. 😂

Two other favorite ways I use up turkey leftovers is Turkey Pot Pie and Turkey Tetrazzini, which is basically turkey, noodles and Alfredo sauce. Oh, and turkey shepherd’s pie.
F9B042DB-A594-4A33-BA31-A6B5B5030B50.jpeg
60D2E13B-3A27-401D-9381-26D3DED98042.jpeg

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love that we have kept this thread going. I too laugh whenever I see the title. I wonder if the administrators could change the title back to something relevant about buying and cooking turkey. But that would kind of ruin the fun of our continuing to enjoy what the “sour grapes” person tried to disparage.

But then again, maybe we should forgive and forget and move on.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love that we have kept this thread going. I too laugh whenever I see the title. I wonder if the administrators could change the title back to something relevant about buying and cooking turkey. But that would kind of ruin the fun of our continuing to enjoy what the “sour grapes” person tried to disparage.

But then again, maybe we should forgive and forget and move on.

I vote to choose the later, forgiveness is very important (to me).

Mark 11:25-26