This will scare you.

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If you know anything at all about Middle East politics then this story will scare you to the core. I just found it tonight and it is two weeks old. No other source out there has been talking about it. Not the Right or the Left as it would cause huge amounts of panic. Please read the story all the way to the end.

Debka is one of the most trusted sites in the business world for Middle East affairs and is extremely accurate. If you find yourself in doubt about this story then you need to go read their archives and prove to yourself how accurate they are.

The importance of this story is that Obama has ticked King Abdullah off so bad that he has opened up relations on a diplomatic and military level with Iran. If this situation keeps heading down the path it has been set on then we could be seeing $220 a barrel oil with in 6 months. That is the end of a way of life as we know it, stick a fork in it as it is done.

http://debka.com/article/20650/

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Yes, it is scary. I am readying myself and family for the worst. Thanks for sharing.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Looks like the man-child isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer after all. To bad the entire country will be paying for the ignorance.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Didn't read the story, but we all know much higher oil prices are enroute to the USA and everywhere.Whats the term...? Peak oil..? Were there already,right..? It's not a good thing for Obama to piss off oil producing nations, however it doesn't take much these days to piss off anyone in the worlds arena.
Lets face it, big oil shortages and huge price increase are coming. We let politics and big oil do this to us.We had our chance in the 70's to learn a good lesson from the Carter era Arab oil embargo.That was the time to go full steam ahead with solar/wind energy.Now were really behind the eight ball.
We didn't do a very good job preparing the way for future generations.You can blame Obama,Bush or whoever.However, we the people have no one to blame but ourselves, for not pushing for positive change and stopping big oil and greed.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
We didn't do a very good job preparing the way for future generations.You can blame Obama,Bush or whoever.However, we the people have no one to blame but ourselves, for not pushing for positive change and stopping big oil and greed.
<applause>

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
90% of the world are sheeple

too bad we vote in people to save us and it sure doesn't seem to help one bit lol

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
Lets face it, big oil shortages and huge price increase are coming. We let politics and big oil do this to us.We had our chance in the 70's to learn a good lesson from the Carter era Arab oil embargo.That was the time to go full steam ahead with solar/wind energy.Now were really behind the eight ball.
People in general, & maybe Americans in particular, are very short-sighted. As soon as the crisis appears to be over, we go back to our old ways. Many of us on this forum are old enough to remember the oil embargo days (& what was gas then - $.70/gal??), the gas lines, only being able to fill up on odd/even days, etc. & you have to wonder, how'd we let it get to this?? Did all of that teach us NOTHING? :he

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
People in general, & maybe Americans in particular, are very short-sighted. As soon as the crisis appears to be over, we go back to our old ways. Many of us on this forum are old enough to remember the oil embargo days (& what was gas then - $.70/gal??), the gas lines, only being able to fill up on odd/even days, etc. & you have to wonder, how'd we let it get to this?? Did all of that teach us NOTHING? :he
Honestly, a significant amount of what people are complaining about are the "hardships" of the current economic situation seems to basically boil down to "not only do I not have it as easy as I had it in 1990, I feel entitled to an even *fancier* standard of living than that"

So, I would say no, it taught most people nothing :p

Pat

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I remember poor Jimmy Carter and just put on another sweater thing, odd and even gas days. I thought then (optimistic me) that people would change, but no. Huge gas guzzlers came back within 2 years.

I have the news on in the background this morning as I am writing this. The winner of some survey for top "family" car is the Chevy Suburban. Sigh.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
valmom said:
I remember poor Jimmy Carter and just put on another sweater thing, odd and even gas days. I thought then (optimistic me) that people would change, but no. Huge gas guzzlers came back within 2 years.

I have the news on in the background this morning as I am writing this. The winner of some survey for top "family" car is the Chevy Suburban. Sigh.
Don't sigh. Be thankful they still build them!
Your going to need a Suburban to get your family the h e l l out of Dodge. :gig