those who do something and not just talk about it

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sometimes instead of looking at negative stuff all the time or talking about things that make little to no difference i'm so glad i can find people who are actually trying to do something about the poor state of the world:

The Ocean Cleanup

they have their first project continuing to make progress but also have another project which is intercepting trash in rivers before it even reaches the ocean. which will be a huge impact.

from their research on rivers they say 100,000 rivers in the world of which if they can capture the trash in about 1000 of them they will eliminate nearly 80% of the source of plastic in the oceans.

they have already built 4 of them and deployed a few with the goal of having the rest done in five years.

five years. pretty ambitious, but even if they only get part way there each one makes a difference as soon as it is up and running.

if you were a philanthropist and wanted to make a large impact on the world you could help them and leverage your impact by doing matching grants with governments in these places where the worst rivers are at.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sometimes instead of looking at negative stuff all the time or talking about things that make little to no difference i'm so glad i can find people who are actually trying to do something about the poor state of the world:

The Ocean Cleanup

they have their first project continuing to make progress but also have another project which is intercepting trash in rivers before it even reaches the ocean. which will be a huge impact.

from their research on rivers they say 100,000 rivers in the world of which if they can capture the trash in about 1000 of them they will eliminate nearly 80% of the source of plastic in the oceans.

they have already built 4 of them and deployed a few with the goal of having the rest done in five years.

five years. pretty ambitious, but even if they only get part way there each one makes a difference as soon as it is up and running.

if you were a philanthropist and wanted to make a large impact on the world you could help them and leverage your impact by doing matching grants with governments in these places where the worst rivers are at.
such a great organization.. keep it up.. we would love to help too... We are here in the Philippines... and we would love to extend our assistance..

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:)

we're all on this one planet, the only one we know that has life, chocolate and coffee. it may be thousands of years before we can figure out how to live in space, how to get to another planet, etc.

people think that the problems are so big that they can't help, but they don't realize that every little bit helps.

support your local governmental efforts to improve whatever you can, get people together to clean up areas that others will see, the more people who see others cleaning up the more it will become accepted and encouraged. keep at it as best you can.

here is another video i just watched and i'm cheering all of them on!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have a LOT of conservation and clean up groups in our area here in Hampton Roads. With the Atlantic Ocean, Chesapeake Bay and James River all merging with the best harbors on the East Coast. Plus World's largest Naval Base., one of only two submarine builders and degauzing complements in the USA.

The water sheds are important and being protected here, with still more to do. But great improvement over the past few years. This area is very aware of water protection, assets and issues. It's working well, improvement is happening.

This area began the composted trash developments. We have Mt Trashmore….once a dump that was developed into a huge pile of trash, piled, composted, now a beautiful recreational area to be proud of. Two more are working.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i keep watching how they are removing old dams that are no longer being used so that the rivers can have more wildlife running up them from the sea. tremendously good things are happening. so glad to see. :)

also any river cleanups and restorations of wetlands.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:)

we're all on this one planet, the only one we know that has life, chocolate and coffee. it may be thousands of years before we can figure out how to live in space, how to get to another planet, etc.

people think that the problems are so big that they can't help, but they don't realize that every little bit helps.

support your local governmental efforts to improve whatever you can, get people together to clean up areas that others will see, the more people who see others cleaning up the more it will become accepted and encouraged. keep at it as best you can.

here is another video i just watched and i'm cheering all of them on!

The Video was very humbling... I hope a lot of people will realize that importance of recycling for us to preserve mother nature... for our children's future, for their children's future...