TIAR Ranch (Toes in a Row)

TIAR Ranch

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We are TIAR Ranch, or Toes in a row ranch.
https://www.facebook.com/ToesInARowRanch/
We started incubating quail and chicken eggs, and breeding rabbits in 2014 on a 1 and 1/2 acre property in a neighborhood and we are looking to expand and move on to a 40 acre farm with a pond. We've been practicing about everything so far on small scale and looking to move into the big time, but not off grid, state laws don't allow it. I currently garden, can, make homemade laundry detergent and toothpaste, tan hides, and bake fresh breads from starter. We are hoping to add an orchard, sheep, pigs, and maybe one day dairy cows. I'm hoping to learn more and connect with like minded people here on this site.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome! We'd love to see pictures when you are able! Sounds like you have a great plan.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! So... You're not allowed to be off grid? I've never heard of that being illegal, how unfortunate. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome Howdy from Arkansas. So where do you live that living off-grid is illegal? I don't really want to live off grid but I would like to get a little more self-reliant. This is a great place to learn skills and share information. X2 on posting some pictures. It sounds like you are doing well and learning as you go. It's hard to do so much at once. Much easier to grow a little at a time. :wootThis is my Jnull0 impression! He's on YouTube if you want to check him out.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to SS! :frow That is some crazy state laws that doesn't allow independence. Reminds of reading about another place in the US that forbids vegetable gardens.