Ticks!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think the only place peppermint WON'T grow is in the middle of the Sahara, lol. Seriously, the hardest part about growing peppermint is keeping it under control.

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am so sick of picking ticks off everyone! I also don't want to use heavy duty chemicals, particularly on my daughter. Does anyone have a natural tick repellent that actually works?? And is safe for young children? Thanks!
Yikes! We hope our members' insights helped you find a great solution for the ticks! Congrats on getting your thread featured on our homepage!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am so sick of picking ticks off everyone! I also don't want to use heavy duty chemicals, particularly on my daughter. Does anyone have a natural tick repellent that actually works?? And is safe for young children? Thanks!
A homemade one part vinegar spray solution and one part water help keep ticks and fleas away from your pets. Place the solution in a spray bottle and spray it directly onto your pets, but be careful not to get it in your eyes.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@YourRabbitGirl How long before you need to reapply?
Tick season has started, I am starting to find ticks on the barn cats. Time to apply the flea and tick prevention