Tiny Houses

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I think everyone in the family would have to be on board with the tiny house idea. I LOVE it, but hubby is a packrat and would quickly spoil it. He needs about four pole barns to store stuff and then he would probably just fill them up.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Funny SD, one condition I told hubby. I need an outdoor building to house my canning kitchen, supplies ad extra pantry. Dh would need a wood shop. So really I guess wnhat I want is several tiny houses. Each with it's own purpose.

I thought sleeping/bathing and dressing in one. Then you head over to the common house. Kitchen/family room/ dining in another.

This way as the kids age they can have their own tiny houses. They will tend themselves. But still come to my kitchen of course. :D

wouldn't that be fun. Kinds sounds like summer camp. :lol:

Bj I had not seen that blog yet. I look forward to reading it. Thanks.

g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you wished for it, got it AND ENJOYED IT thoroughly thru the years I am sure....!!

nothing wrong with that at all......but you feel it is time for a change!

ok slowly make the change........I thought it was "all about change this nano-second....lol....it isn't. Took me 2 years to shut down the farm and de-clutter to the point of true ease to be out from under stuff. But I made a plan and followed it.

remember too, you want to run what you feel is clogging your life.....your home etc......(yet you like your home and land)-----just remember that the 'new home" will have to have barns built, fencing established, new ' nut'trees/bushes like blueberry, etc and new yard and new garden area...etc It stopped me from building a new home. Remember the new home "establishing what you have now"---tons of money and tons or work and projects---ugh--it stopped me big time---at this age now I do not want to do this all over again LOL...so to stay and enjoy what I have is best and TO make it enjoyable was my goal.

take what you have and change it into what you want.

when it is time for a change, don't fight it, embrace it.

it took alot of "me talking to myself" that shutting down the farm and all that work off the 2 of us was the correct decision....and boy yes it was! my new title, funseeker is so true vs. the old title of farming for a living LOL

when overwhelemed, a forum site like this is easy, not invasive, takes up some time cause you are tired and reading and typing is not hard lol....it is a 'run from reality' type thing which we all use...I use it that way. I like it but lately wiht more free time I am finding other great uses of my time vs. the forum...and that is all good lol

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So true. I have fruit trees that I planted 8 years ago. Blue berries went in this spring. The veggie garden has moved 3 times. Oh and don't forget the fence. I wished for that darn thing for years, remember??

Maybe I didn't get the whole property done but the 1/2 acre for the poultry sure is nice.

Ok, you got me. I'm gonna purge again.

Out it goes.

And I am starting in my room.. It's where I sleep. I want it decluttered and open. :D

Maybe even get some new curtains etc...

All righty then.

Get some trash bags.

:weee

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
NO BUYING

forget those curtains right now....lol

just get rid of stuff you don't need. when you have that room totally decluttered and to your bare satisfaction....then you slowly change up a few things...like those curtains

see in the 2 years I de-cluttered the home UNLESS it was absolutely necessary I didn't buy HOME stuff.

you need time to feel that empty room, to live in no clutter, to realize the benefits of it all (and it is wonderful) lol)
AND when you do want to buy again, believe me you won't want hardly anything...lol----

see you gave yourself 2 projects...don't do that. Give yourself ONE project and totally complete it. The curtains will be the second project when you finished the first and after you are at ease with the room.

one thing at a time girl.......cut back that 'wanna do' schedule lol

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes Mam. :D

Ok so I just pulled out two kitchen bags of clothes and one of shoes from my closet.

I feel lighter already.

I think my yarn will go in the attic next.

g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Gina you go girl
but remember, it is not meant to make you more fustrated. I did that too when I started, went nutso then got tired.

you be the tortoise on this one.

one room at a time
no other room projects, just declutter
and finish that room before another project room in the house

master bed is where I started also because I wanted that calm sanctuary room back. good move girl

and if you can't get it one in one day or get tired.....every day YOU DO somethign in that room...something to declutter to work to that goal.

only way I could get thru the whole house and believe me it took a long long time LOL

but it is very doable.

be harsh too....if I didn't use it, no more storing like a pack rat for me....landfill, goodwill, give to a friend, or church for yardsale but get it out of the house for good! :)

oh and for me I kept in mind how I wanted to clean....fast and simple...no more vacuuming in and around and under 'stuff' lol now I have open floor space that is so easy to control.

and dusting knicknacks....:( no more of that for me. I barely have one in the house and the few I do have the few memories I want to treasure...rest are gonzo and I don't miss a one of them lol

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I have been tossing around selling my unused china for a long time now. Your post inspired me, and it is now on Craigslist.
Maybe it will sell in time to get an extra 10 yards of dirt hauled in to the farm before June planting!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks BB. I am glad my crazy ways wave inspired you. :p

I did manage to get quite a bit done today.

Just one step at a time. I'll get there.

g

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Our house is 1000 sq ft on the main floor. We do have a full basement and a half story upstairs as well. It is a Craftsman bungalow. This house would be a perfect size and it is VERY efficient with space and even has good layout as far as wind currents and solar patterns.

What it does NOT have is a decent outside storage space. We have a tiller in the basement, car tools down there as well, spades in the closet, and all my garden gear upstairs. :barnie It drives me CRAZY!! The only outside storage that we have is some space on the walls of the WAY too narrow detached garage. The stupid garage is a two car garage with a dividing wall between the two bays. :ep One half is for my BIL's house and the other half is ours. It is better now that family at least owns the other half and not total strangers like used to own it. Also the garage has no door so things of value, and sometimes even my HOE!!! :)somad still mad about that one) get stolen!

I agree about the not bringing things in idea. Just clear out until you can hear it echo!! :gig