Tissue paper & gift bags

ncnative

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I know this is a small thing but we always reuse our gift bags that we receive - my mom & I have given the same bags back and forth for several years!

Also, Tissue paper that you put in the bags......... did you know you can iron it on a low setting and get all the wrinkles out? It looks good as new and can be re-used!!

Haven't been back to the site in a while - it sure is growing!

Cyndi

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ncnative said:
I know this is a small thing but we always reuse our gift bags that we receive - my mom & I have given the same bags back and forth for several years!

Also, Tissue paper that you put in the bags......... did you know you can iron it on a low setting and get all the wrinkles out? It looks good as new and can be re-used!!

Haven't been back to the site in a while - it sure is growing!

Cyndi
Thank you for the ironing tip! I needed that cause I always mess up my paper, even the new stuff! And I like to reuse the old!
Tina

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I usually do hang on to the gift bags and reuse them, but I had no idea on reusing tissue paper! Thank you for the ironing tip!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I always reuse gift bags. But, ironing the tissue? No way, not me, uh uh. :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I always reuse gift bags definitely.
ironing tissue paper, not me..LOL..I don't own an iron.
never did :p

I do reuse tissue paper if it is in decent shape. heck we wrinkle it anyway to cover the gift, so what is the diff. if we wrinkle it more right? LOL

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
When we were going through junk in the attic I went through all our gift bags and left over gift wrap. I separated out all the Christmas stuff from Birthday. We always reuse gift bags and my SIL and I both sew fabric gift bags that get passed around and resused. We reuse tissue too. :cool:

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I reuse both too, but I don't iron the paper as FC said it just gets wrinkled again. I also reuse gift boxes. For yrs we kept the same boxes & just exchange them over & over again until they fell apart. I learned my frugalness from my mom.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH and I are well known for using ANY paper for gifts. WE wrapped his nieces wedding present several years ago in july in snowman wrapping paper! I wrapped DGD's birthday presents this year some in Christmas paper, some in wedding paper. We told her she had to wait until Christmas to open the Christmas ones and until she got married for the wedding ones!

When wrapping presents, I save ALL small pieces. I use them to wrap small presents or stocking stuffer presents.

Paper tablecloths are great for wrapping paper, either cut up or used to wrap big presents. Last Christmas DH used two big cloth tablecloths to wrap DGD's telescope in.

I am very creative when it comes to using things for wrapping, I use coffee cans, plastic tubes, papertowel tubes, wrppingpaper tubes, anything I can find, especially if it will diguise the present from being guessed I'll use it.

Monica

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Dace said:
Henrietta,
Can you tell me about your homemade bags?
LOL, sure! I just buy Christmas cotton fabric when it's really cheap. Then I sit with my sewing machine and cut rectangles roughly to the size of the items I need to wrap. I whip up a bag shape, make a channel for a drawstring ribbon (also buy the ribbon when it'd dirt cheap). Then I end up with a pile of bags to choose from. Stuff a present inside, pull the drawstring, add a tag, done!