To Live To Laugh To Love- I'm trying!

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't think I'll post here very often, but I figured I'd at least throw out an introduction. That way if I annoy anyone they can look up more ammo ;)

Name: Emily
Birthday: March 8
Hometown: Eugene, OR
Current Residence: Corvallis
Relationship Status: Long term boyfriend, of the sweetest variety. I'm a farm girl. He's a city boy. Its been a learning curve for both of us! (like when I found out most grocery store eggs are white... but that's another story!)
Political Views: Live and let live. Vaguely libertarian, I guess. If it doesn't hurt someone else, people should be allowed to do it. If it must be regulated, do it in a way that least restricts people's choices and options. I also like to say "gun toting, tree hugging republicrat"
Religious Views: Spiritual. An odd combo of hippy, naturalist, and monotheist.

Activities:
I love reading. I love gardening, but can't since I live in an apartment here to go to college. Same with my chickens. I'm looking for a place right now so I can bring them up here with me. I miss them! I love animals, and am trying to get into vet school.

Interests:
See above. I always have trouble distinguishing these! I like camping and hiking and being out doors.

Favorite Music:
EVERYTHING, nearly. And the beatles.

Favorite TV Shows:
Eh. Take it or leave it. I like scrubs and stand up comedy, I guess.

Favorite Movies:
I'm not really a movie buff... I like romantic comedies.

Favorite Books:
This would take me forever to answer. Just know... I LOVE reading. Spent most of my childhood behind a book. I'm pretty sure I had classmates who didn't know what my face looked like. I could walk and read at the same time, and usually did.

About Me:
I'm a college student. I grew up fairly SS, but it's different going from your parent's home to your own. Currently trying to make a life for myself. Not getting engaged for a while, because we'd prefer to put away for land rather than a ring! I'm one of four kids, and the youngest. I love cooking, and the kitchen section is undoubtedly where I'll be the most. I have recently acquired a love for fermented foods. I used to dance, and had been offered college scholarships for it. I got in a pretty bad car crash (not me driving!) and had a disk slip in my neck. Thus ended dancing. (although I did end up with a scholarship for merit, thank goodness!) A lot of the nutrition things I try and do are to ensure I don't end up old and decrepit from this injury! (or more than I already am, I guess). I love my family, and look forward to having one of my own. I love gardening and critters and things that make me smile. And sunshine! Though there isn't enough of it in Oregon.

And finally, I like ellipsis..... and (parenthesis). A lot. :) I work on campus in addition to being here at school. I live in a tiny apartment. I think that's about it!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome and nice to have you, Emily! Hope you visit more than just occasionally..... ;)

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome and I love your description of yourself, gun toting tree hugging republicrat it is!!

I keep telling people to make up new choices and new labels - well there you go!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Welcome! Hubby's an OSU grad and his parents live in Albany. Look forward to hearing your adventures!

PeeperKeeper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi!
Your user name is similar to the engraving on the foundation stone of our house.
"We lived, we laughed, we loved, we learned." 1980