To Mods Or Admin: Help!

kib

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
This is a call for help and advice. I moderate a forum, and the owner of the website is closing the discussion forums at the end of the year, leaving the members and mod staff (about 500 active members) to start a new forum from scratch. Unfortunately, none of us have anywhere near the current owner's level of expertise in forum management, we've been really spoiled as far as the tech side of website management.

Your forum setup seems like a possibility for us, and I'd love some feedback regarding the tech side of the site. Who is the host/what is the software you're using? How much does it cost/is it running in the black? Is there any way to pay and not have ads on the site? Do you have adequate outside tech support, or is the site run by a computer savvy individual/group? Is the site reasonably self maintaining, or is it a lot of work for some of you?

We actually have another organization that has offered to add a discussion forum to its existing website, so this may be a matter of obtaining a software package, not starting an entirely new website. Our current snitz package apparently cannot be migrated to a new site. Any advice appreciated, here or at my email, feedkaren@hotmail.com. Thank you!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
You might want to private message our administrator. His username is Nifty.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll send a note. :)