Today's "to-do" list

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
A year or two ago, someone had a thread like this and I found that if I publicly posted the list of things I intended to get done during the day, I often got MUCH more done than when the list was just in my head or stuck to the fridge door.

Well, right now I need to get a whoooole lotta stuff done, because I have half kicked my husband out (he will be here only on weekends, plus Tuesday nights b/c I'll be darned if I'm going to quit my dog agility classes -- the only reason we are not TOTALLY separating at this point is b/c of the kids) so I have all the usual things to do, plus mowing 3/4 acre of rapidly-growing lawn (the one thing around here that he normally does), plus unless something pretty significant changes over the next few months (and honestly I don't think that's at all likely) I need to be getting this rather run-down house/property ready to put on the market.

Sooooo...

aside from normal activities, today I swear I am going to

1) mow the back yard

2) re-rig the sheep electric fence where it goes over the gate to the kids' climbing tree, so I can tap the lawn electronet into *that* instead of using the elderly-weebly solar charger

3) clean the rest of the misc stuff off the front deck

4) build a support for a tire jump (made of pool noodle :p) for the dog

5) clear old plant debris from former pathway under big pine tree, so that soon I can do some turf transplanting and new garden bed creation (so things look better and so the basement is less apt to leak)

I think I'll leave the list at that and see what happens :p

Go ahead and post YOUR to-do list here too, if you want... I sure did find it helpful last time 'round, anyhow.

Off to take my 4 yr old to Early Years and afterwards run errands.

(e.t.a -- as of 3 pm, #3, 4 and 5 are done; am about to head out now with the kids and dog, to mow. Leaving mowing til the hottest part of the day may not have been the most shrewd decision)

(e.t.a.a. -- as of 5 p.m., the mowing is done too; but I think I'll leave rewiring the sheep electric fence across the gate until tomorrow, as it's starting to get mosquitoey. Yes, I am a wuss :p)

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:thumbsup
you go girl...you can do it!

to-do list does help as a visual reminder of what you want to get accomplished.

don't kill yourself cleaning up the yard/house, take your time...it will all get done... no 'to-do list' panic now LOL...wish I could pop over and help you!

'

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
To do list:

1. Wash dishes.

2. Clean out under sink so hubby can put in new faucet.

3. Go to Wally World for hubby.

4. Get a hay sample.

5. Get as much of my garden weeded as possible.

6. Clean pool and get up so I can start to fill it. (Wish I had gotten to it sooner, I could use it today!)

7. Clean out hay shelter.

8. Take a nap. :cool:

I've done the first 2.

ETA: I went to Wally World for hubby. I went to get the hay sample, and there was no one there. I kind of sorta got a nap. I'm getting ready to go out to the farm to give Stormy his 2nd feeding, then once I get home, it should be cooler out (or at least I'll be in the shade), and I can get the pool up, clean out the hay shelter, and then start working in my garden.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
1. Get threw three more hours of work.

2. paint chicken coop.

3. grill and drink beer while doing above and cutting up with hubby.

4. remember why I worked so hard, and enjoy the down time.

5. find box to send back school books, and prepare to letters to send certified and pay house insurance.

:weee

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh--my to do list today

is keep all kids from drowning in pool

yup, lifeguard duties today....the kids down the road are swimming. I just made hot dogs for everyone and Tony is outside on patrol right now.

back out I go....Baywatch I am not :lol: :lol:

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm halfway through mine, but I'll post it anyway--my day today is all about Girl Guides (see my journal for more about GGC):

1) get dinner into crock pot. (DONE!)

2) pick up printer paper, balloons, and streamers for Girl Guide Advancement Ceremony this evening. (DONE!)

3) print programs, Advancement Certificates, and Lady Baden-Powell Award Certificates. (DONE!)

4) organize badges, Advancement pins, and Lady Baden-Powell Award pins to hand out tonight.

5) bake brownies and make veggie tray.

6) get dinner up (in crock pot) on time so I can...

7) shower, iron uniform shirt, and get there early without forgetting anything (like my camera)!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Pat!!!!! We are holding you accountable!!! What's you rlist for today??? :lol:

-make lunches
-hang up laundry
-milk goat
-feed critters
-wiat for garden to dry (this one is on strict supervision, since it needs to be planted, or its moot this year grrrr)
-relax in the sun and 33 C heat
-take down and fold laundry
-figure out how to cook my chicken so as to not heat up my whole house
-butcher quail
-cook supper
-cut grass, if it is not too wet still (waiting for the sun to do its magic and dry some things up)
-milk goat
-feed critters
-have a caesar

right now, I am about to relax in the sun. :cool:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
todays list

make soap (DONE first thing)

1 load of laundry today, gotta get it out of the dryer and fold

clean pool

trim tree (Tony did this and goats eating limbs already)

finish mowing (Tony)

He and I discussed today's plans. We don't want to do hardly NUTTIN' today LOL both not in the mood to work hard at all.

thought about hitting the store for a few things we need but the day is getting away from us fast and Nicole comes home at 3---so...just hang out and enjoy the day.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
yeah, today is an easy day for me too. I baked yesterday and cleaned the house, and hubby is opening up the pool, but right now he is at work. so by tonight, hopefully we can swim. Yard work is limited just becasue it is sooooooo dang wet out.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Pat!!!!! We are holding you accountable!!! What's you rlist for today???
LOL

It's actually been bugging me all morning that I haven't had a chance to post to this thread :p (had only a few min's on computer, then had to take 4 yr old to a class and been running around sweating ever since)

Anyhoo, here I am doing it finally.

1) post to-do list here **whoa, now that's done!** :lol:

(also already done: rewired the hotwire at the gate, which was left over from yesterday's list; fixed dog jumps so they don't come apart so much; mostly convinced Russell that the tire jump is to be gone *thru* not under or around; and started some ribs in the slow cooker for husband to use for dinner while I am at 6:00 dog class)

2) so now I need to move the electronet, DONE! and then

3) move the sheep themselves

4) get kids to tidy up livingroom before husband gets home. You might think getting someone else to do something isn't work, but it's almost harder than doing it myself :p

5) dog class! which should be fairly miserable as it is already about 90 F and quite humid, and they got plennnnnty o' mosquitoes there DONE! no mosquitoes, but dog too hot to concentrate, oh well

6) shower and collapse. DONE! on the collapse part anyway -- currently icing heels

Pat