Toenail Fungus Remedy

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It does, somewhat! Now I will reveal to you just one of my more strange quirks....I actually like the smell of skunk! And rubbing alcohol, gasoline, paint fumes, etc.

When I was pregnant for my two youngest ones, I craved the smell of gasoline, spray paint, markers, etc. Made my mouth water when I smelled any of these! Weird, huh?

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
OMGNW!!! Me too!!! Seriously! I love all of those smells! I like the smell of cow poop too, but that may just be b/c theres so much of it here, so it smells like home to me LOL (cause that one truly doesn't smell good to me like the rest of them do.

I didn't realize that I missed it until I moved to Calif for a while. Didn't notice that I didn't smell it. But when I went back home to visit, I smelled that cattle truck going down I-35 and it brought tears to my eyes...and not cause of the stench! :p

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Fungus feeds well off of sugar and its pretty common for folks with hyperglycemia to have toenail fungus, as well as other yeasts and fungal infections.
Thanks for the info! I'm hyperglycemic and prone to yeast infections as well as toenail fungus. Never knew there was a connection between them.....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, even applied topically! I'll explain...my BIL had diabetes pretty badly and did not take care of himself very well. I am a massage therapist, as well as a nurse, and decided to try to help him alleviate some of the swelling and neuropathy in his feet and legs. His skin condition was horrible as well, with fungal infections on toes and skin.

I make my own sugar and salt scrubs and often use them to slough off dead skin cells and bring circulation to areas. I was using the sugar scrubs on his feet, after his directional massage, and noticed an increase in the fungal growth. I switched to salt scrubs and this helped 100%! I had his feet looking great with a biweekly massage and salt scrub treatment.

The high levels of sugar in one's blood makes the blood cells stiff and less able to function properly or deliver adequate oxygen to peripheral tissues. This leaves one open to infection and the sugar actually feeds the fungus. So, double whammy there, not being able to fight an infection and feeding it at the same time. His method was to eat all the bad stuff he wanted and give himself insulin to compensate. He is now dead, though, at the age of 47. That diabetes is nothing to mess around with and medicines will take you only so far. He wouldn't try to control his except through the use of medicine. Really sad. :(

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
That's terrible Beekissed! :(

I had a boyfriend when I was a teenager who was diabetic and he would down half a bottle of pancake syrup then take an insulin shot or two so he didn't die. I saw him a couple of years ago, and he is still alive. I have to say with all seriousness that I am surprised. He has kids now, and so he said he is not doing that anymore thank God! But he said that he has a lot more problems with than he probably would have had he not done things like that.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Okiemommy said:
That's terrible Beekissed! :(

I had a boyfriend when I was a teenager who was diabetic and he would down half a bottle of pancake syrup then take an insulin shot or two so he didn't die. I saw him a couple of years ago, and he is still alive. I have to say with all seriousness that I am surprised. He has kids now, and so he said he is not doing that anymore thank God! But he said that he has a lot more problems with than he probably would have had he not done things like that.
:ep WOW! I hope it was real maple syrup ;)
but on a more serious note, that is scary.