Toenail fungus

krzybo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I've read a lot of remedies for toenail fungus and was wondering what you have used that worked and how long did you use it before you could tell that is was helping? Thanks.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's a clip from a forum for a Naturopathic Doctor I use to post on a long time ago. He swore that this worked. I haven't tried it but there are a couple of testimonials that follow.

How long it takes to show improvement I think would be based on what type of fungus you have. If you have cheesie stuff under the nail that should disappear pretty quick, but may return if the treatment is not complete. If the nails are thick and course those will have to grow out but you should see new nail growth at the base.

He doesn't have the forum anymore but you may still be able to get his acidophilis here: http://www.healthegoods.com/

Toenail Fungus Treatment Using the Beer Soak

The basic premise behind this odd sounding natural toenail fungus treatment is to soften the nail with the beer, create an acidic environment with vinegar which is beneficial to good bacteria and deadly to fungus and then penetrate the nails with beneficial bacteria to help kill and prevent further recurrences.

Essential Ingredients:

Acidophilis sachets containing 125 billion organisms

Guiness Stout beer or any other dark beer (Guiness is the one proven to work).

White Vinegar

Basin big enough for your feet or hands

Time

Persistence and Consistency

Natural Toenail Fungus Treatment Procedure:
In tub, pour 1 liter of room temperature beer into a basin

Add 60 billion acidophilis which is half of one sachet.

Add 1 liter of White Vingear

Soak clean feet in the solution for 30 minutes before bed or when best for you.

On removing your feet or fingernails from the basin, file the nails down with a pumice stone or file

After each 3rd day, toss out the entire solution mixture and remake using the formula: 1 liter of white vinegar, 1 liter of dark beer and the remaining half of one sachet. This keeps the solution's ingredients in active live form. If too old, it will not work.

Repeat for 30 days every day. Do not skip a day for best results.

Do twice a day for faster results

What to look for:
As fungus gets killed by this natural toenail fungus treatment, you will notice new nail growth from the nail base coming in clear. This is a good sign. Some people see clearing at the base within one week and some people see clearing at the base in one month. It all depends on how fast your nails grow and how often you soak them.

It will take about 3 months for the infected nails to completely grow out. As long as you keep seeing the nail base come in clean and grow out cleanly, you are on the right track.

Make sure you do this toenail fungus treatment daily. Make it a routine. Watch some TV, read a book or wash the dishes for 30 minutes. Do not skip a day. If you do, it may take a bit longer than a month but keep at it.

If you know your nails grow slowly, then consider purchasing some MSM or Silicea 6x cell salts as they have shown to increase nail growth.

This anti-fungus protocol is an excellent way to help prevent liver damage via Lamisil.

If the formula is not strong enough, play with it. Perhaps add some more acidophilis to the mix or more vinegar or more beer. Play with the concentrations if necessary.

If you've any questions, I'm happy to answer them for you.

I estimated the total cost of this procedure to be about $200.00 That is very inexpensive compared to Lamisil - and much healthier to your liver.

Even if you drink a couple Guiness Stouts while you do the soak - it may still be safer than Lamisil on your liver. :)

I have had over 26,000 people read this information and a large percentage email me. It is great to hear that this treatment is working well. I had one elderly woman with longterm fungal toenails report excellent results. She also had an unexpected benefit: her plantar warts fell out from the bottom of her feet allowing her to walk comfortably for the first time in years! Her lettter is sitting two feet from me. I need to scan it and stick it on here.

If you're debating whether or not to do this soak, don't. Give it a shot - it is safe, effective, inexpensive. Yes it takes some work, but popping a liver toxic Lamisil pill for 3 months daily also takes work - especially repairing the damaged liver.

The sachets and Guiness are the proven ingredients. You may try other cheaper dark beers and other acidophilus but I am weary of the results. Especially the bacteria as one of my professors did a study on about 35 different acidophilus companies and found that only one had the actual amount of live bacteria it claimed in the container - some of the companies stated 1 billion live bacteria per capsule and contained...none. The sachets that I provide claim 125 billion per sachet and at manufacturing have 170 billion.

Choosing a different dark beer that is less expensive may hinder your success. I have not had reports of other effective dark beers so I am not sure. You can give it a shot but you are only saving a few bucks while investing 30 days of soaking. That is pennies per day extra. Worth the risk? If you have time, it would be good to know if the others worked...if they do, let me know :)

Enjoy healthy nails once again! It's summer - put on those sandals!

Ben

Labels: nail fungus, natural fungus treatment, natural treatment, treat nail fungus

posted by Benjamin @ 10:19 AM
1 comments links to this post
1 Comments:
At 12/03/2006 8:15 PM, Anonymous said...
hey ben my names franklin and i just wanted to say thanx for the remedy. i've had athlete's foot for as long as i can remember and toenail fungus for about 6 years i think im lucky i still have my nails, period. my only question is: what do you mean when you say sachet? is there anyway u can send me some sort of link or anything at all to show me? again i really apritiate this i just starting using this tonight i swear people kept looking at me like i had 8 heads when i said i wasn't making a bonb ha!

~franklin~

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have had great success with using mouthwash. I use Dr. Tichenor's, which is just alcohol, peppermint oil & arnica. (Actually, I use it for a lot of things, including peppermint face spray, insect bites & wound care)

I wet a cotton ball with undiluted wash, then rub onto my nails like I'm removing nail polish. I showed improvement in a few weeks.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I tend to leave things be, after 8 to 12 months the nail will naturally molt kinda like a crawdads exoskeleton when he out grows his shoes.

I'd actually try the above advice before resorting to mine, about 20 years ago I got a pure black nail for no reason really more of a iridescent deep purple. I tried all the store bought contrivances and none worked, it finally fell off on its own. Worked good as can opener too but that's another story and requires some craftsmanship.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend this last weekend about this very subject. Her husband had good success using tea tree oil, but I don't know how long he used it. Also, the smell is rather pungent. Many years ago I had a nasty case on my big toenail. My doctor was discouraging, to say the least, about a cure. It was really ugly, so I covered it up with colored nail polish (I normally never use polish on my toenails). I kept it covered with polish for quite awhile (don't remember how long, but it was at least long enough for the nail to grow out), but eventually let it wear off, and the nail was healthy again! I don't know what happened - either there was something in the polish that killed it, or (more likely, I think) the polish smothered it and/or deprived it of needed light. I haven't had a case since, so haven't been able to repeat the experiment.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Your forgot another thing - coincidence

Even though some nail polishes can have a grain bill including toluene (key ingredient in TNT), it could of also just cleared up on its own as our bodies have an immune system that will usually prevail over most of the lesser pathogens. Though sometimes we have to give up a toe or a bit of the intestines it works for the most part - just stay away from clams and oysters.

Not too many years ago when blood letting was prevalent there were only two prognosis', you either lived or died. Those who died were too far gone to save and those who live were saved because of the blood letting. George Washington was murdered by his physician.

Did that seem harsh? Would it be too early to have a bloody mary?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
xpc said:
Your forgot another thing - coincidence

Even though some nail polishes can have a grain bill including toluene (key ingredient in TNT), it could of also just cleared up on its own as our bodies have an immune system that will usually prevail over most of the lesser pathogens. Though sometimes we have to give up a toe or a bit of the intestines it works for the most part - just stay away from clams and oysters.

Not too many years ago when blood letting was prevalent there were only two prognosis', you either lived or died. Those who died were too far gone to save and those who live were saved because of the blood letting. George Washington was murdered by his physician.

Did that seem harsh? Would it be too early to have a bloody mary?
xpc, you are absolutely correct - it could very well have been coincidence. Which is why I mentioned that I haven't ever had the chance to repeat the experiment. However, for the cost of a bottle of nail polish it is a cheap experiment to make. In the interest of full disclosure I will add that I used blue polish - a gag gift from a friend. I figured that I wouldn't otherwise ever use it, and it was at a time of year when no one ever saw it :lol: Could be that there was something in the blue coloring ... or maybe not. I would certainly try it again if need arose; if nothing else it covers up the ugliness, which is why I used it in the first place.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
ORChick said:
In the interest of full disclosure I will add that I used blue polish.
Blue is a sexy color, all my socks and briefs are blue, my wife beaters are blue, all my towels have been custom tinted blue too. Perhaps its because I don't separate my jeans from my whites. but I like blue - my car is blue ...

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
xpc said:
I tend to leave things be, after 8 to 12 months the nail will naturally molt kinda like a crawdads exoskeleton when he out grows his shoes.

I'd actually try the above advice before resorting to mine, about 20 years ago I got a pure black nail for no reason really more of a iridescent deep purple. I tried all the store bought contrivances and none worked, it finally fell off on its own. Worked good as can opener too but that's another story and requires some craftsmanship.
Gross!!

I sure missed you! :lol: