Tolerating/Explaining/Surviving in the "real world"

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I think what others here are saying is that it helps to speak in concrete everyday examples, not in broad conceptual language (it helps if the reader can have a mental image of what you are talking about). So . . . my understanding is that you want to help ease the inclusion self sufficiency principles in urban planning? I think that is wonderful. You will have to start small on things you can tackle and remember that any forward progress is better than none. It has always been true of society that changes are only welcomed slowly and sometimes only when it is the only way forward. Some things may never change, as they are the result of human nature, which doesn't change over time. I hope that helps address your question somewhat.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I agree with K1

think global for a city and apply what you can where you can change things. bike lanes would be the most stinking wonderful thing NC could do for their roads, yet new roads go in and no bike lanes. NC sucks rocks on that type of position.Yep and the bikes pay what percentage of the gas tax which in NC is the prime source of funds for road building and repair? Talk about some one that wants a free ride,

there is a thread on here with a link to a dog poop generator for lighting up the dog park. that could be incorporated and such things like that.

your hands are tied severely I am sure....but be the person who requests the changes be made and fight for your line of planning. what else can one person do...but you have to fight for your ideas in the planning the best you can.

you 'convince' people to change by showing them your plans on how to use nature and environment to work with you in a city. not fight against it.