tooth...

hdowden

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i have my wisdom teeth coming in and cant afford to go to the dentest until income tax comes in and at times the tooth just kills me with so much pain i have tried a lot of the things such as salt water, ice, tylonal, and oragel maxiam straingth. all that dhardly works and when the pain does get that bad i cant sleep and i am in tears form the pain. is there anything else that might help?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ambusol is good. My mama says they used to use clove oil. Ibuprofen(Motrin) will work better than Tylenol for these types of pain.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Clove oil probably would work.
I don't know if Arnica would work or not, but it might be worth investigating.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would scrap up the money to go to the dentist just for an evaluation. It might be just pain from coming in....or with an exray it might be much worse the new teeth coming in might be doing some harm. But it is cheapest to at least find out the source of the trouble.

then if there is trouble, I would ask about some form of payment plan.

I know I would not have pain to the level you described. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, find a payment plan and go for the fix.

sorry it is so nasty for you.

hdowden

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
its pain for when its coming in as its coming in crocked and has actually slowly chipped away. i know they will have to remove the top and the bottom on the left side as the 2 on the right are just fine. its mainly the top left causing every once of the problem :(

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, dental work is one thing most of us don't try to do at home. I bet if you call around, you can find a dentist who will accept payments, and/or a reduced rate. When you call and ask, if someone says they don't do that, ask them if they know who does. Sometimes they have information but just don't give it out without being asked. Hope you get it taken care of real soon. I have been in your shoes, and I know it is not easy to deal with.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Get it taken care of ASAP! I had a tooth ache that just wouldn't quit in December. I ended up having a root canal. :/

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do you have a dental school nearby? I've never done this, but have read that they will do work, and not charge much.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh man, I feel for you. Been there!

Dentists and oral surgeons around here just aren't into the payment plan, unless it's payments up front. Ditto the dental school idea. Also ditto the Ibuprofen (sp? - generic Advil). That works much better for dental pain.

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Do you have any health insurance??? when my wisdom teeth were causing problems, my health insurance covered them to be taken out because they were still in there. If they are all the way out it goes on dental insurance, but if they are in, i would check with the doctor if you have health insurance.

I have had multiple teeth problems and i feel your pain. There is nothing that hurts more than a tooth ache. rated right up there with child birth. What works well, my dentist told me once was to take 2 Ibuprofen, then 2 hrs later take 2 extra strengh tylenol. And just keep going back and forth every 2-3 hours depending on your pain tolerance, etc with the Ibuprofen and Tylenol. DONT WAIT UNTIL IT HURTS AGAIN. then its too late. ITs way better to keep your pain under control rather than letting it get bad. Dentist said that its equal to Prescription strength pain killers without the narcotic affects of pain killers. It works. I had the same problem except taht i was waiting until my insurance cycled again in january cuz i didnt have 3ooo for a root canal and crown. It was infected again, and that is the worst pain ever. It was terrible. I didnt want to pay the $120 for a visit for them to tell me it was infected cuz i already knew it was.... so i just ordered some Zithromycin off the internet and took that. Now, i wouldnt recommend self-treatment but this was the 2nd time it was infected and i did the exact same thing my dentist did the first time. In a week it cleared up good as new. I have my appt scheduled for next week and finally came up with the money i need to get it taken care of.
Good luck to you....