Top Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide in the Homestead

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't forget it can be used to induce vomiting in dogs. 1 tsp per 5 pounds body weight.

Had to use that last year when Hermes got into some xylitol. Did it fast apparently so he actually had no effects from it. Spent time at the vet ER though. He got into something else again earlier this year and had to be dosed again. I do believe he's learned his lesson now. Of course if I want him to hide in his bed all I have to do is show him a peroxide bottle now.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
2 of my dairies use Hydrogen Peroxide as a teat dip... diluted to half water and half HP.... but I am not sure if it is a 3 % or a higher % of HP.... have to try to remember to ask. Another uses bleach ( standard clorox type) 1/2 and 1/2 with water as a predip.....
Still gathering up info to use HP for fruit tree fungicide, when I have time. There's some really interesting info out there. Just need to gather it and research it's validity.

Please see what you can find out, it would be helpful to many who desire to grow tree fruit.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don’t use store bought peroxide on your vegetables. It has a preservative in it. Buy good grade hydrogen peroxide and dilute it.