Toulle - a turn of the worm?

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

I have a friend of mine that has one of those too. He put one of those pink plastic flamingos in his yard right by her house so she has to look at it every day. Needless to say, he only did it because she hates them LOL.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Toulle said:
Being a man once didn't mean being macho and tough, although that was once considered a value. If we think back on it, Andy Griffith was considered just as much a man as John Wayne, wasn't he? Sheriff Andy Taylor may not have killed as many bad guys as Marshall Cogburn, but he was no less manly for it. (But Rooster Cogburn WAS cool, wasn't he? I mean the original one) Being a man meant self responsibility, standing up for what you believed in, and not feeling the need to apologize for it. Above all else, being a man meant being self sufficient.
:thumbsup

I am personally VERY tired of the demasculinization of men in our society.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
abifae said:
Toulle said:
Being a man once didn't mean being macho and tough, although that was once considered a value. If we think back on it, Andy Griffith was considered just as much a man as John Wayne, wasn't he? Sheriff Andy Taylor may not have killed as many bad guys as Marshall Cogburn, but he was no less manly for it. (But Rooster Cogburn WAS cool, wasn't he? I mean the original one) Being a man meant self responsibility, standing up for what you believed in, and not feeling the need to apologize for it. Above all else, being a man meant being self sufficient.
:thumbsup

I am personally VERY tired of the demasculinization of men in our society.
Have you met CJ? :D

and :welcome Toulle! :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We were made as two sexes, so that we would complement each others strengths and bolster each other in our weaknesses. Vive le difference!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I've told friends I won't date unless I find a real man and almost all say "why would you want abused?"

:th