Tractor Horror Stories

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Un-horror story, I did a little bush hogging late this afternoon behind the pond which ain't been hogged yet this year. Two fawns, still with spots ran out and across the road. I had a feeling there might be more. If there's one thing we are not short on around here it's deer. So I got the zero turn instead to finish up a little patch.

Sure enough I was right. I seen it as I passed it, poor thing was scared stiff. I first thought it was dead. I stopped and got off the zero turn. I could have picked it up and put it in my lap, it wasn't no bigger than a medium size dog. I said You ok there little deer? And I see it's little ears perk up. I tapped it's hind with my boot and it jumped up and also ran across the road. I'm guessing I probably would have ran it over if I were on the tractor and that would have made me feel bad. But now I'm still happy 😁

I usually try and post a picture with a story, but I didn't have my phone with me. So sorry... you're just gonna have to settle for this "double awe..." sunrise trail cam picture, from my pasture instead. I know I've really disappointed you 😂
stc_0024~2.jpg

Edit... Wait, this story is about 3 fowns. Ok, I'm better now.
stc_0003_1~2.jpg

And... Just so everyone knows, this is what us guys dream, starting around November every year.
stc_0028~2.jpg

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Last year my cousin's little granddaughter was killed when she rushed out the door to take a tractor ride with PawPaw....only her grandpa was brush hogging and didn't even know she was approaching the tractor. She ran in between the tractor and the brush hog...no need to describe what happened. Can't get much more horrible than that.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bee, that story is just horrifying. And, I can see how very easily it could happen. To a child, or even a pet.
Couldn't get the image out of my mind and kept picturing Aliza's face on that little girl when I imagined the event. The horror of that innocent little girl, running out to ride on grandpa's tractor and the horror of her grandpa, knowing he had run over her with that blade. My heart breaks for them all even yet.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Couldn't get the image out of my mind and kept picturing Aliza's face on that little girl when I imagined the event. The horror of that innocent little girl, running out to ride on grandpa's tractor and the horror of her grandpa, knowing he had run over her with that blade. My heart breaks for them all even yet.
Horrific ain't the word and I don't even know what the right word is. I've been told a similar story man hit wasp nest and fell off tractor backwards got ran over with bush hog.

When I bush hog I tell my wife and have her check on me occasionally. All pets and kids are put up, until I'm done and the tractor is parked.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is so horrible, and it will haunt the grandfather for the rest of his life. Through no fault of his own either.... Just one of those terrible tragedies....