Tractor Horror Stories

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is so horrible, and it will haunt the grandfather for the rest of his life. Through no fault of his own either.... Just one of those terrible tragedies....

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DS ran over a new baby calf hidden in the tall grass at one place he was bushogging.... didn't find it til the next trip around and the cow came charging up to get her calf and it was dead....

Got 3 fawns at 3 different hayfields this year with the discbine/ mowing hay. Happens every year that he usually gets one. They don't get up and run when they are very new.... got a hen turkey on a nest and we brought home the eggs not broken and hatched out a few.... she never flew or ran..... he did see one at another pasture and mowed a big triangle around where she was... looked pretty silly in the middle of the hayfield... but she came off the nest with a bunch of poults about a week later.... got mowed off the next cutting.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When I bush hog I tell my wife and have her check on me occasionally. All pets and kids are put up, until I'm done and the tractor is parked.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Creal, when you started this thread, I thought to myself: "Now why would he go and start such a thread. This is not gonna be pretty." But, you know what, my friend? I'm glad you did start this thread. Because if any one of these horror stories is enough to make someone pause, and take a few extra safety precautions, it just might save a life. I don't know if it would be possible to walk a field, or even send a drone over before bush hogging or mowing. But, that might be a good idea.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
1626232114822.png

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Creal, when you started this thread, I thought to myself: "Now why would he go and start such a thread. This is not gonna be pretty." But, you know what, my friend? I'm glad you did start this thread. Because if any one of these horror stories is enough to make someone pause, and take a few extra safety precautions, it just might save a life. I don't know if it would be possible to walk a field, or even send a drone over before bush hogging or mowing. But, that might be a good idea.

Well when you hit a sofa in the tall grass, it kind of makes you think a little about safety. And yes I did... I ran over that sofa and chopped it up real good before I could get the tractor shut down 🤣. Thankfully it wasn't on my property but my neighbors, so he got to clean up the mess. No good deed goes unpunished. He's still in denial, doesn't ever remember dumping a sofa back there.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Un-horror story, I did a little bush hogging late this afternoon behind the pond which ain't been hogged yet this year. Two fawns, still with spots ran out and across the road. I had a feeling there might be more. If there's one thing we are not short on around here it's deer. So I got the zero turn instead to finish up a little patch.

Sure enough I was right. I seen it as I passed it, poor thing was scared stiff. I first thought it was dead. I stopped and got off the zero turn. I could have picked it up and put it in my lap, it wasn't no bigger than a medium size dog. I said You ok there little deer? And I see it's little ears perk up. I tapped it's hind with my boot and it jumped up and also ran across the road. I'm guessing I probably would have ran it over if I were on the tractor and that would have made me feel bad. But now I'm still happy 😁

I usually try and post a picture with a story, but I didn't have my phone with me. So sorry... you're just gonna have to settle for this "double awe..." sunrise trail cam picture, from my pasture instead. I know I've really disappointed you 😂
stc_0024~2.jpg

Edit... Wait, this story is about 3 fowns. Ok, I'm better now.
stc_0003_1~2.jpg

And... Just so everyone knows, this is what us guys dream, starting around November every year.
stc_0028~2.jpg

Last edited: