Training A Chicken Killing Dog

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've had a long, good run with wireless invisible fencing....Ben's the only dog I've had that disregards the fence and that only when I'm not home and he hears gunshots. My other dogs were well confined by the wireless fencing....not so much the fencing with wires. Tried that first, long ago, and found it wanting.

Three other dogs obeyed the wireless fence down through the last 15 yrs or so, so not a bad record on it.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Max looks like a sweetheart and it's great to hear that he is responding so well to the training already. I couldn't help but wonder why the previous owners didn't make the little bit of effort.. But their loss and your gain :) He's a lovely dog!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@sumi, Max was dog number 4 at the last place. He's still very young, high energy, and was chasing the chickens. He's well socialized, but I think, maybe more than they were ready for. They honestly seemed very sad to see him go, and said the kids were all tore up about it, but they seemed relieved as well.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It sounds like they bit off a little more than they can chew with him, but things worked out wonderfully for him. Which I'm sure is a relief for them!