Transition Towns/ sustainability Towns

card5640

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
After watching an amazing short film on Transition Town we have in the very beginning stages of starting a steering com. in our community on sustainability. I am interested in chatting with anyone on here who are working with other groups that are doing the same in their community. Topics include Peak Oil, food security, transportation, community gardening/farming. Thanks for any light you can send our way.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe you could explain to us exactly what transition towns are. It sounds interesting.

papas34

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I hope it's not more Al Gore type GREEN hype:(:(:(
CAP and TAX....carbon footprint...

How about some honest to goodness common sense back to the simple lifestyle with little or no government intervention...that's the kind of sustainability I'd like to see.......;););)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
How about some honest to goodness common sense back to the simple lifestyle with little or no government intervention...that's the kind of sustainability I'd like to see.
:thumbsup

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Transition towns are people taking back the power to make important decisions about lifestyle . . . not waiting for or expecting government to know what is right. I would imagine that most people involved do NOT want government involvement.

Right now my immediate community is pretty oblivious to the greater issues out there, so my husband and I are pretty much doing our own thing. There are folks in our area, however who are working diligently on these issues.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm not really familiar with whatever a transition town is as I've only heard of it right here and now. :idunno I guess I'm off to google it and see what it is. :caf